Sonic Electronix

Hey everyone,

Very new to the boards here.....

I have been out of car audio now for about 6 years and recently just got back into it. I am redoing my 1978 Chevy regular cab pick up and I am starting with the interior. I only do business with locally owned business for I am the General Manager for a locally owned business in a town of about 10k people, so a tight knit community that believes keeping money local.

The store that I am working with deals in Alpine, Kicker, Rockford, and JL Audio. I have decided on the subs for my pickup, since i need a shallow sub cause im 6'3" and 260lbs I need all of the room that I can get. I am going to run the 2 JL 13TW5's.

I can't decide on power or mid's / high's. I kind of want to stay with all the same brand for show but dont know if that is going to hurt me in the long run. I am more worried about SQ over SPL cause i already know that with out doing a port through that I am never really going to get into 150's.

I have come down to either 2 set's of Alpine Type R 6.5 or JL Audio C5-650's. I am leaning more towards the JL's.

The real thing is that I have heard good things about JL's HD series amp's (HD 750 and HD600.4) but i also have heard great things about Alpine's PDX Series amp's.

If anyone has had any real world experience with these amp's please let me know. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

DStortz

1978 Chevy 3/4 ton Reg Cab Pickup Alpine 9887 Imprint Head Unit JL Audio HD600.4 (Mid Amp) JL Audio HD750.1 (Sub Amp) 2 x JL 13TW5 Shallow Sub's JL C5-650 Components in fiberglassed door mod JL ZR800-CW Mid Bass in the kick panels ***UPCOMING BUILD(2 weeks and counting)*** 8 JL Audio 15" W0's in a blow through 2 Kicker 2500.1

Archived