Second Skin Audio

Trying to pick out Subwoofers(yes another one of these threads)

K the problem i am having is the maximum mounting depth is 5-1/2" its going under my seat. I can get a little bit over 1 cubic foot of air space for the box.

Was looking at the Kicker Solo-Baric L7 8"

RMS Power Handling 450 watts

Minimum Sealed Box Volume 0.33 cubic feet

Maximum Sealed Box Volume 0.75 cubic feet

was planning on getting 2 and putting them in a box of about 1.1 - 1.2 cubic feet of air.

looking for other sub suggestions still not quite fond of the square subwoofer would like to use a conventional round subwoofer in case i burn up or wear out a sub i can look a larger variety rather than the few company's that make square subs

3d7304fe.jpg

i loved my kicker square 8's, imo they would be a good choice.

i also like the mtx and pioneer slims. you could fit a 12 in the same spot and they could take 300-400 watts. in all honesty a good slim 12 with 300 watts would be more than comprable to an l7 8" with 450

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

alright thanks for the help definitely going to look into them. :) actually at the moment they are on my list above the kickers i picked

was looking at their website and didn't see any but went to there authorized dealer's site and i did. then i saw them on the new products for 2010

thanks again now i just got to decide which way i want to go

3d7304fe.jpg

I researched alot of different brands and just never saw what fit me besides the kicker and now the SA8.

doesn't matter if its 8" or 12"

hardest thing is finding the right mounting depth

max i can fit is around 5.5" which does cut the list of subs down alot

looked at ascendantaudio already only saw 2 that would work and they were

Assassin Series 8" & 10" and only recommended 250 watts rms was looking for more than that

dont know much about them if i can push more than that or not

MA MA103XE 10" 300 watts rms would be tough to fit 5.6" mounting depth. Almost all i can do now to get 5.5" hmm only .1 i could make that work with a little bit of work

or

MA Audio MA83XE 8" 250 watts rms would fit but still low on the rms for what i was looking for

looked at DD gave up after a few mins trying to navigate their website i felt like this :trippy:

gonna try to look at them again

guess i was tired when i did it hmmm the

DD1500 1508 8" 500 watts rms hmmm another one to add to my list but no dealer in the area guess i will email and get a quote for it

jl was looking at their stealth sub i believe i can get more for my money with other setups

Edited by klee7013
3d7304fe.jpg