Some chick just gave me an 15 inch LCD screen, but for some reason it will show everything then just randomly shuts off. This is why she gave it to me, but she told me that it used to black out and not come back on. I was wondering if anyone knew what it could be. It will be working then no pattern or anything just cut out, then come on then cut out. I dont think that it is a power issue because the light up front stays on. But I did notice that when it cuts out the cathodes that light the screen shut off too, but they turn back on within a sec or two... Any one know what it could be?

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

• 3 weeks later...

If the screen itself is good, I wanna rip it outta that casing and custom make it to work in my car... but I am afraid that if I take it in, they will tell me the screen is shot. I also wouldnt know how to hook it up in my car...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

you want to hook up a computer monitor in your car?? Just buy a 8" 12v monitor, youll end up paying just a little more than you would have had to pay for the inverter and all the adaptors

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

you want to hook up a computer monitor in your car?? Just buy a 8" 12v monitor, youll end up paying just a little more than you would have had to pay for the inverter and all the adaptors

agreed, itll look cleaner too and you wont have to do any ghetto fab and wiring shit either.

How much do those monitor ususally run? I dont know what I would do with it cause I dont have a dvd capible headunit, but I am sure I could find something to do with it. I am thinking about puting in a carputer since i love working with computers, and I have some spare parts laying around. I would just want some songs on a hard drive or somethin, that would be pretty cool, and I wouldnt worry about anyone stealing the computer parts, but the screen might hurt abit if they took that... Someone hook me up with a link to those monitors?

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif