Sundown Audio

jacob, im gonna order 8 of these from Cliff here in Hawaii, I need to order an amp(s) to power these at the same time as well. You are saying about 500w/rms per, so im thinking the 4500d will be good enough. Can just order this amp and call it good, or can you recommend an amp(s) set up to work with the 8 subs?

A 4500D @ 1 ohm would do well on eight, IMO. Be sure to set the subsonic filter and gains appropriately.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Hmm I am thinking about getting two of these little guys for my 1500 crew cab. Not sure if I could fit a ported box behind the rear seats or underneath. It seems hard trying to fit two amps and a battery back there.

Do they go pretty low? How's the sq? Also is it possible to get them with no logos on the cone?

You can wipe it off with a CA glue accelerator -- it is screen printed.

They go quite low and sound very good, IMO.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

• 3 months later...

i am trying to build a burp box for two of these subs, thinking about 1.2 cubes for both, but i cant think of a good tuning frequency, somewhere in the 55 to 60 hertz is probably about right, but i want some other peoples input... will be running about 1000 watts rms to the pair. any ideas?

Custom Sounds NW takes your ideas and turns them into your reality.

Custom enclosures, consultations, service and installation of mobile electronics and home theater equipment.

References available!

My FB Page

Two fully loaded fi SSD18's + Soundstream Rubicon RUB1.2500D wired to .5 ohm for 3600 RMS = Bass for your face!

I am going to revise my suggestions a bit... honestly 0.5 - 0.7 should be used for pretty much ANY power level.

Based on more real world testing with customers -- a heavily abused SA-8 can be mechanically damaged in the larger boxes even on lower power.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg