:ehh:

I moved this, BTW :)

Ha now i should get more views and a little more help on this, guess i should b less lazy so i have a chance to get more info. ive literally knew nothing about turbos or how they worked until 2 days ago and i just want to learn more before i just start throwing this bish together

aaaa.png

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"

go on turbod16.com bunch of cool guys on there.

if you dont have something to tune your gonna be in trouble. at least get a hondata. i went with an aem standalone.

so do i put the turbo and intercooler and everything on the car then dyno it and have someone tune it after its all put together?

aaaa.png

what all do you need to know? for a D series, im your guy on this forum lol but if its a swap or B series, im not to into them or know much about them

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

what all do you need to know? for a D series, im your guy on this forum lol but if its a swap or B series, im not to into them or know much about them

Im pretty sure it the d series. its a 1999 civic ex. ive been trying to figure out if it was the d series. im trying to figure out the whole tuning of the turbo and how i go about getting it tuned right and not mess the motor up lol

aaaa.png

Im pretty sure it the d series. its a 1999 civic ex. ive been trying to figure out if it was the d series. im trying to figure out the whole tuning of the turbo and how i go about getting it tuned right and not mess the motor up lol

umm...... not sure what to say here, but if you dont know sohc from dohc, you shouldnt be boosting, but other than that. look at the block, right underneath the head to the right of the transmission, there should be a flat spot with an engraved "D16y8" which came in the ex's. and as for tuning, your gonna have to run hondata s200 or s300 or get a chipped ecu and run chrome or something like that for tuning, download a base tune and upload it to the ecu, just so your car will run well enough to pull your car onto a trailer, then pull the car to a dyno tuner. thats the best way not to mess your car up lol also, if your running a stock bottom end, dont turn the boost up over 8 psi and dont play race car every chance you get. you'll blow that motor very quick. as for your feed lines from the oil pan to the turbo, make sure they do not leak and make sure you either get a new oil pump or get yours ported. any more questions just ask them.

any critisism on my post is appreciated. correct me if im wrong on anything because learning is better than f$&king my own or someone elses car up

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

so do i put the turbo and intercooler and everything on the car then dyno it and have someone tune it after its all put together?

down your car slap everything on. get a base tune to make sure she starts and get it tuned.

after you get it tuned... anything you add on to your motor youll need to retune.

what parts do you have now?

down your car slap everything on. get a base tune to make sure she starts and get it tuned.

after you get it tuned... anything you add on to your motor youll need to retune.

what parts do you have now?

the best way to do it is by doing everything at one time, and not half assed.

to the OP: im not gonna be a dick or anything but without any bottom end mods, bearings, rods and pistons, and the way you come off as (not knowing much about hondas) the car wont last longer than 6 months, it'll either blow the turbo, or blow the motor. www.honda-tech.com or turbod16.com are my favorite sites, the guys on there are kinda douchy though. so dont come off as you dont know anything about the motors, just ask the simple questions and maybe they'll answer

Archived