Sonic Electronix

probaly the biggest nooby question ever

hey guys i just got everything i needed for my system and i was wiring it all to one ohm and i came out with my speaker wire with a positive and a negative that would lead to my amp of course. but there is 4 spots to put the speaker wire 2 + and 2- so.... does it matter or is there some special way and i was also wandering what i should set all the levels on the amp i have a sundown 1200d and 2 12'' alpine type rs let me know and dont make fun of me its a learning experience thanks

You have 2 set of +/- terminals to make wiring the subs easier. You can wire the 2 subs together with just 1 set of +/- terminals, and it'll be the same as wiring them both with the 2 sets, they're just there to make the wiring easier. About knowing where to turn the gain, use an O-Scope so you know you are not clipping. If you do not have one or cannot get your hands on one, you can use a DMM.

How To Set Your Gain With DMM

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

it depends on how you are wiring them up. If you are running the amp bridged then you would use the outer pos and neg.

You have 2 set of +/- terminals to make wiring the subs easier. You can wire the 2 subs together with just 1 set of +/- terminals, and it'll be the same as wiring them both with the 2 sets, they're just there to make the wiring easier. About knowing where to turn the gain, use an O-Scope so you know you are not clipping. If you do not have one or cannot get your hands on one, you can use a DMM.

How To Set Your Gain With DMM

not only that i mean with the subsonic and the bass boost and all that stuff i havent messed with much of that kind of stuff

That is why he was talking about an o-scope. You have to set the gains so that you minimize clipping, you use an o-scope to do so.

Archived