Sonic Electronix

2 - dual 4 ohm subs, best way to wire?

just so you know.

monoblock class d amplifiers range from 70-90% efficiency

class a/b amps (the 2 and 4 channels you are looking at) are around 50% efficient.

meaning for the same power the class d monoblock will pull less amperage than your 2 channel bridged

just food for thought

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

just so you know.

monoblock class d amplifiers range from 70-90% efficiency

class a/b amps (the 2 and 4 channels you are looking at) are around 50% efficient.

meaning for the same power the class d monoblock will pull less amperage than your 2 channel bridged

just food for thought

awesome thanks for the info! haven't bought my stuff yet but I will be looking into this option now. what ohm load would this put the amp at running 2 dvc 4 ohm subs onto it? 2 ohms?

and I think when running a the subs I would wire one of the positive and one negative together and the other pos and neg to the amp as normal?

Ive only had systems that have consisted of one amp for each sub, but space is tight in my ext cab truck with having a family to fill up the seats.

you can get both 1 and 4 ohms with those 2 subs

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

you can get both 1 and 4 ohms with those 2 subs

the diagram I found does it for 4 ohm.

Thanks for the help , made my audio equipment shopping go onto a new path. :woot:

I will post a couple of my match ups of subs and amps I can afford and see what you guys think. so far I have got nothing but good info from joining SMD forums.

Just get a mono, you'd be better off with that. But what are you gonna wire the subs @?

Funky Pups are the bees knees.

Why just the other day I saw some guy hitting a 162.8 with 2!

RE fan fo life!

lolcat-funny-picture-moderator1.jpg

Wouldn't it would be so awesome if everyone could just blast their systems and not get a ticket? :D

Just get a mono, you'd be better off with that. But what are you gonna wire the subs @?

This would be a rather helpful tidbit of information. After doing a little bit of research they appear to be rated at about 500 rms, and i wouldn't put a whole lot more than that to them. Also, judging by the price range that you are in for the subwoofers, i don't see you finding an amplifier that can put out 1000 watts rms for a "budget" price. Look into wiring 1-ohm. Though if budget is what you are after, along with reading some reviews on these, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea looking and asking around for a few more speaker suggestions... lots and lots of useful minds on here, take advantage of them. And last thing, same for everything in car audio, CHEAP is nice, but 99 out of 100 times, you get exactly what you paid for. :)

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Archived