Sonic Electronix

Hey guys, i just had a quick question i needed to ask. I'm helping a friend out hook up a hi-low converter to his stock radio and i just needed some clarification. The first thing would seem pretty simple, but on the hi-low converter itself it has 4 options as far as wiring goes, right positive and right negative and left positive and left negative. I'd assume that you'd decide on which speakers to connect from the harness, the front or rear ones, I think we're going to go with rear, but would that be the correct way to do it? And as far as the accessory wire goes, i'd connect the remote wire directly to that and line it through the fuse box and directly to the amp, correct? thats the only use i could see the accessory wire being used for, but thanks for any help!

if you dont have an aftermarket headunit, you have to run your own accessory wire. the easiest way to do this is to wire a flip switch (w/e style you prefer as long as one side is ON and one side is OFF) to the front battery and to the amplifier. some switches that have little lights on them to tell you that its on need a ground, so find a good area to ground that can have paint removed on it and bolt the wire onto it. you can use just normal speaker wire, amps dont need much current (under 500mA i think) to turn on.

oh alright, the only reason i asked the accessory wire question is because my own car had an accessory wire in the stock wiring harness and thats what i used to connect my remote wire to the amp. I'm not sure why it was part of the harness though, but it worked. If my friend doesnt have an accessory wire in his own harness, i'll have him run the flip switch. If thats the case, he's probably going to have to remember to flip the switch off everytime he turns off his car right?

Archived