Toyota Tercel... yeah i said it. SHIRT TRICK FROM A PYLE

I would enter it into SOTM, you never know, you might win :yahoo: .

I guess it's time for pics and vids :P

Pics tomorrow then homework videos? maybe after i figure out why my ground wire got messed up earlier. The amp went into protect so i checked all the wires and i was getting like 1.3 volts on the pos and grnd connectors on the amp. So i wiggled the ground wire and got 12.8 v back and now it turns oun just fine.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Pics tomorrow then homework videos? maybe after i figure out why my ground wire got messed up earlier. The amp went into protect so i checked all the wires and i was getting like 1.3 volts on the pos and grnd connectors on the amp. So i wiggled the ground wire and got 12.8 v back and now it turns oun just fine.

Yep, I need to check that you have done your homework :P

How the heck did you only get 1.3v?!? I would have thought you would get all or nothing, weird.

Oh well, it's fixed now :good:

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Yep, I need to check that you have done your homework :P

How the heck did you only get 1.3v?!? I would have thought you would get all or nothing, weird.

Oh well, it's fixed now :good:

Haha i still need to do my homework, but i think i have study hall tomorrow so i will do a ton of it then.

As for the grounding issue, my dad explained it last night but i don't remember a lot of what he said.

It is working now... not fixed =P. It will be fixed today.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Haha i still need to do my homework, but i think i have study hall tomorrow so i will do a ton of it then.

As for the grounding issue, my dad explained it last night but i don't remember a lot of what he said.

It is working now... not fixed =P. It will be fixed today.

Yay! Fixing stuff!

Oh, and a hint, if your putting your amp somewhere out of the way, make sure you are 100% happy with the settings on it first :P , had a bitch of a time turning my LPF down a bit today :angry:

BTW, I think you need to change your sig where it says my build, don't laugh. You have a DD now, so no laughing is needed :good:

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

How have you got your ground set up? Not sure if you mentioned it before... but I have had problems in the past where my ground wasn't so great because the vehicle paint was interfering with making a full electrical contact. I just scrape off the paint with a razor blade, and then bolt the wire to the body.

BluX

2001 Ford Explorer Sport

• Mach 5 MJ-18 (4 Ohm)
  • Alpine MRP-M1000
  • Alpine 9813

Yay! Fixing stuff!

Oh, and a hint, if your putting your amp somewhere out of the way, make sure you are 100% happy with the settings on it first :P , had a bitch of a time turning my LPF down a bit today :angry:

BTW, I think you need to change your sig where it says my build, don't laugh. You have a DD now, so no laughing is needed :good:

I plan on setting the amps on the floor mounted to a sheet of wood in front of the sub, so it wont be too big of a deal but i will take that into account. And i may change the sig.

How have you got your ground set up? Not sure if you mentioned it before... but I have had problems in the past where my ground wasn't so great because the vehicle paint was interfering with making a full electrical contact. I just scrape off the paint with a razor blade, and then bolt the wire to the body.

I have 2 8 gauge knu wires in one terminal mounted to the body. I sanded the paint down completely and then mounted it, then painted over so it didn't rust. What i think it was... It was very very hot yesterday, so i think that possibly the insulation on the wire melted or got worn and touched something it shouldn't have. Like i said it is knu so it has very little insulation.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

I plan on setting the amps on the floor mounted to a sheet of wood in front of the sub, so it wont be too big of a deal but i will take that into account. And i may change the sig.

I have 2 8 gauge knu wires in one terminal mounted to the body. I sanded the paint down completely and then mounted it, then painted over so it didn't rust. What i think it was... It was very very hot yesterday, so i think that possibly the insulation on the wire melted or got worn and touched something it shouldn't have. Like i said it is knu so it has very little insulation.

Damn... I hate those confusing bits that annoy the crap out of you like that. I used to get so many problems when I first started, like my RCA cables got pinched and caused the subs to go in and out really fast as soon as the radio turned on and then I got a whining sound coming from my speakers which was caused by the RCA wires being too close to the power wire. Or even turn on/off pop.. You definitely learn a lot!

BluX

2001 Ford Explorer Sport

• Mach 5 MJ-18 (4 Ohm)
  • Alpine MRP-M1000
  • Alpine 9813

Damn... I hate those confusing bits that annoy the crap out of you like that. I used to get so many problems when I first started, like my RCA cables got pinched and caused the subs to go in and out really fast as soon as the radio turned on and then I got a whining sound coming from my speakers which was caused by the RCA wires being too close to the power wire. Or even turn on/off pop.. You definitely learn a lot!

Yeah man, the first thing i checked was the ohms on the vcs of the sub because thats the biggest thing i care about. Then i checked the power and was like 0.o but yeah i hate the weird things. I don't know if you saw the part where i added the switch in the remote wires, but ever since i added that switch i have a whine in the speakers.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Archived