Optima battery advice

Happy Easter.

Ok, so after I bought my batteries I desided not to use a isolator for the front/back. So I have a Optima Redtop 35 (starter) for the front and a Bluetop 34 (deep cycle) for the trunk. Should I try to exchange for another Bluetop 34 for under the hood, or will it not make much of a diiference?

I have a Iraggi 260 and my amp is a Sundown saz2000.

oqlh02.jpg

Happy Easter.

Ok, so after I bought my batteries I desided not to use a isolator for the front/back. So I have a Optima Redtop 35 (starter) for the front and a Bluetop 34 (deep cycle) for the trunk. Should I try to exchange for another Bluetop 34 for under the hood, or will it not make much of a diiference?

I have a Iraggi 260 and my amp is a Sundown saz2000.

most people on here say keep same kind of battery to extend life of batts so if u hav$e a deep cycle in back, id put one up front too

2001 Grand AM

Pioneer UB4000 HU

Tsunami / Monster Wire's

DC POWER INC 260SP ALT w/ XS Power VCM

BIG 3 All 1/0 Monster 400 + YT Under Hood

Stinger SPV70 x2 in Trunk

4x SA-10's On There Way soon i hope

SS XXX-4000D @ .7ohm 3K+

RF Power 4x6's & 6x9's Monsoon Powered

PG TL22 Line Driver

148.7db @ 35-45hz sweep w/ 12" BTL

if you're going to invest in another battery, throw it in the back. the reserve/max amps on optima is nothing compared to kinetik/powermaster and atleast in my experience they take nowhere near the same abuse

and dont worry about isolators, its just another thing for shops to sell you...and mixing and matching batts is fine.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

and dont worry about isolators, its just another thing for shops to sell you...and mixing and matching batts is fine.

I usually don't like mixing brands company battery because all are build differently. I would try to stick with the ssame type battery to power system..

well lets see here Optima Red Top is a starter battery and an Optima Blue Top is a marine deep cycle so I'd keep the Red Top up front. Just FYI the Yellow Tops are made for car audio. But Blue Tops will work fine. And an isolator is there so you don't burn your shit to the ground but if your 1/0 is properly fused on each end of the car you don't need one.

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

Archived