I saw a YouTube video and wanted to say...

Check this video out. This is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard.

I saw this video and read his description, and just wanted to let everyone know how I feel. All of the following is a message that I sent to him. It was originally supposed to be nice and short, but I tend to get carried away with things I am passionate about. Also, lack of sleep had a little to do with it.

"You keep disrespecting the audiophile community by assuming everyone with a sound system is between 16-30 years old and act like they are in High School, and only care about being obnoxious toward the public. In reality, the audiophile community is made up of professionals and fanatics of all ages and love to compete in SPL and SQ competitions, which are held in non-public areas away from the residential zones.

I find the term "boomhead" to be degrading, because it does not cover the whole car audio community, but you try to make it do just that. To be honest, prohibiting the sale of loud sound equipment will ruin it for the ones who can respectably use it. Yes, in your video it does show some the ignorance that some people show for the comfort of others, but that is no reason to ban the culture. After all, if it wasn't for people wanting their music to be loud and clean, there would be far less advancements in the audio industry. It is possible that things such as ultrasounds, sonar, siren and alarm systems. or audio communication systems would not be so accurate or advanced.

Your assumption that everyone with a loud sound system is stupid is similar to the idea that because some minorities speak a language you cannot understand, then all minorities should be removed from this country. Of course, I know you are going to think that what I said is just complete nonsense and dismiss it as so. You cannot help but realize the truth behind the statement. You speak of ignorance amongst these people you degrade by referring to as "bassheads," "meatheads," or "jerks" but when someone makes a good point but happens to misspell a word or use improper punctuation you then ignore their point by insinuating their grammar and assuming that they are uneducated and unintelligent.

Have you once thought that not everyone has all day to sit there and check their spelling or punctuation because they have a life that they want to go out and live at some point during that day? Something you apparently do not have, due to the fact that you seem to thrive off of the idea that you will get a bill passed that will cause the loss of some peoples happiness and other peoples jobs, and would do more harm to the country than it would do good. While people are all over the world dying for our freedom you are trying to take some of our freedom away because you have a problem with such a nonsensical thing as loud sound systems. Are you this passionate about stopping important things such as terrorism, gang violence, teenage pregnancies, drug use, drinking and driving, illegal immigrants, rape, murder, burglary, arson, child abuse, vandalism, or even health care? I hope so, or you are really wasting your life and other people's time waging this little war.

For the record, we are not afraid of not being able to have a loud sound system in our vehicle, because that day will never come to fruition. You can take that away from us just as easily as you can rewrite the constitution. I am sorry that you have a problem with us, but we, as a community, really have not done you any wrong. Having a car drive by with a loud stereo system is not the worst thing that can happen to you in the period of a day, but instead of being thankful that you made it another day, you just complain about something that is nearly pointless. I am sorry that my passion for mobile audio may eventually render me deaf, but the joy that I derive out of it is irreplaceable. And you will never be able to take that away."

I feel like I made my point, but does anyone have anything else to say?

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Couldnt have said it any better my self.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

Well you kept it civil and educated. And yes Im in my 20's with a family, and I have a fairly loud system, but I'm also responsible about it. I wish more people would understand that, and what most of us represent. First and foremost it's a beloved hobby, and you summed it up perfectly. Great argument and I agree 100%!

Edited by Enellz

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER

AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB

Sundown SAZ-3000D

2 Audio Q HDC3's

40' of 1/0 Gauge

2 Big Rear Batteries

A 38 HZ Box

KICK ASS!

I left him this.......

I find it hilarious that all you got out of that whole video was "Boom car thug boast about scaring a child" Just because that guy is a douche don't make the whole scene look like Al Qaeda terrorist.....lol

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

Complaining about their kids hearing loss when I know of parents that crank their t.v.'s when there is a movie on or the stereo when they are just cleaning around the house. I dont see how most parents could be worried about hearing loss when theres damn 5 year old kids running the streets with no one to watch over them. Kids may be losing very little of their hearing if that much. But there are young kids out here losing their lives every day. No one bitches about what everyone else likes to do for a hobby. Racing is a hell of a lot more dangerous than what we do.

Edited by Hellbound Train

wc_zps9b224b53.png

631k people die from heart disease, and another 70k from diabetes.

0 die from car stereos

people should be investing their time in teaching their kids to live a healthy lifestyle, not chasing after people with a louder than average sound system.

(btw, the new grand cherokee, is the loudest thing i've heard in a while stock. atleast from outside it BLOWS my car away. If my windows are up i cant hardly hear anything, but that truck, you can hear it all, from like 100 ft away. maybe they should fight for sound deadening being required. and ban exhausts, harleys, and the goddamn icecream man. i can hear that dick playing his shitty music from like 4 blocks away)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

No one bitches about what everyone else likes to do for a hobby. Racing is a hell of a lot more dangerous than what we do.

I couldn't agree with you more. They act like it's a drug too! In the video info section the guy had a link to a CDC article on loud stereo systems. Why is the Center for Disease Control writing about something that isn't a disease? Well, I'm gonna go do a fat line of bass, then smoke some decibels. I hope I don't overdose, lol.

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

maybe they should fight for sound deadening being required. and ban exhausts, harleys, and the goddamn icecream man. i can hear that dick playing his shitty music from like 4 blocks away

LMFAO at the ice cream truck. I haven't laughed that hard in a while!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

LMFAO at the ice cream truck. I haven't laughed that hard in a while!

truthfully, the icecream man is louder than the majority of people on this website. If i roll my windows up and blast my music, i dont think I can hear it for 30 feet. If i crank the bass and play something with too much bass, i can hear it for maybe 400 feet. Ask any kid and they'll tell you the icecream man can be heard for 4-5 blocks (aka 2000 feet+)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Yeah, I know what you mean. When I hear a nice system, I will wake up and think "hmm, not bad" then go back to sleep, but when it's the ice cream truck waking me from a nap, I'm about ready to snap. I wouldn't mind it if the ice cream truck was playing death metal, but until that day, I will always contemplate shooting that bastard...

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick