Second Skin Audio

slim subs??

megaboom

hello, i have an 09chevy crewcab and im ready to put a system in it....i have had various systems before but this time i cant take out my rear seat or do anything crazy cause i have a baby now so i need the backseat to e accessible when she rides with me....so i want to add 2 12" subs under the rear seat and was thinkin of using some shallow mount subs.....does anyone have any first hand expiriences with them? any brand to look into? im thinkin im gonna have about .7 to .85 cu ft to work with per sub so it will probably be sealed......for the amp ill be running an re 12.1 that i have so ill roughly have about 1000-1200 watts to work with.....any info or reccomendations would be greatly appreciated

2008 Black Chevy Tahoe -Murderedout/ 2/4 Belltech drop/26" U2-55's/ HID's in fogs and headlights/G5 tails1 - BC35001 - C1100.42 - SA ZV3 18's6 - 8" SA Neo Pro's2 - FT1-SE Tweets

I also have a 09 chevy crew cab. I have thought about upgrading my system.

Currently I have a RF P3S shallow mount twelve in my truck. To be honest I am disappointed... that's why I am searching for other options.

I saw a build on this forum where a guy was using a shallow mount Memphis woofer... those look like they are better built than the RF shallows. Their 12's can handle 500 rms vs RF's 400.

So far I have thought about trying to fit two sundown sa-8s. I think that is the best option especially if you are going to throw around 1000 watts. According to Jacob and his thread... you can throw 400 - 600 watts depending on the box size.

777319156.png

I've heard a few good things on here about Pioneer's shallow mounts. Might want to give them a look if shallow mounts are gonna be the only real option. It's hard to fit speakers under those rear seats in a crew cab.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

I don't think those alpines will like 400-600 watts of power over their rms.

I have 2 alpine type s 12s on 1000 watts rms and they do just fine

1999 gmc jimmy 4 door

mtx thunder 1501d

alpine cda-102

hifonics olympus 12(temporary)

2 sundown sa 15s

I went to a local dealer before I bought my woofer. They had a demo of the premier shallow and the rf shallow. The RF definitely sounded better and the only reason I am looking to upgrade is because I want more bass in my crew cab... lol

777319156.png

A good friend of mine has a pair of the slim JL 12s behind the back seat in his F350 crew cab. And they sound grate he has tried just about every slim mount sub out there and so far the 12TW5 has worked the best.

"Audio is not a hobby it's a lifestyle"

_____________________________Refs_1_Refs_2_____________________________

th_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifth_RF_140x100_powersubs.jpg

Archived