i would like to build a ground pounder with either 2 or 4 12" DC lvl 5 subs. for the amp i was thinking of using some alpine MRP M2000 rated at 2000 rms at 2 ohms, its a mono amp. if i hook up 2 dc's to it rated at 2 ohms total does the amp still put out 2000 rms to each sub. or should i go with a different amp all together. any and all feed back is welcome.

If you do those 2 subs and that amp by itself, you will need the subs to be 2 ohm DVCs, and you'll wire the voice coils in series which will give you a final load of 2 ohms, which will push 1,000 RMS to each sub.

If you want 2,000 RMS to each sub, you would have to get the subs in 1 ohm DVCs, and wire 1 amp to 1 sub with the voice coils in series, and do the same for the other amp/sub. That will give you a final load of 2 ohm for each sub, which then will push 2,000 RMS to each sub.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

If you do those 2 subs and that amp by itself, you will need the subs to be 2 ohm DVCs, and you'll wire the voice coils in series which will give you a final load of 2 ohms, which will push 1,000 RMS to each sub.

If you want 2,000 RMS to each sub, you would have to get another alpine mrp m2000, and get the subs in 1 ohm DVCs, and wire 1 amp to 1 sub with the voice coils in series, and do the same for the other amp/sub. That will give you a final load of 2 ohm for each sub, which then will push 2,000 RMS to each sub.

fixed

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

• 4 months later...

Are you also planning on upgrading later? If your only running 1000wrms (or even 2000) why go with the lvl 5? I would say stick with the lvl 5 but get a bit more power. :) I have lvl 4xls and love them on over 4k. I just heard it takes a lot o power to really get the lvl 5 moving.

Edit: wow. I just realized these posts were from April. My bad

Edited by herbykw

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834