Second Skin Audio

Adding another 2 12" cvrs&amp + custom box?

Alex K

I love my 2 12" cvrs at the moment, but was thinking, could I throw another pair in, and make a custom box? Double the power, grab another 750.1, beef up my alt, and go for it? Any tuning reccommendations/ box reccommendations? Also I can move my amps that are in the trunk too to a diff location, adding more room for subs. My trunk is pretty big for a car. If I moved my amps, I could shove the stock kicker box all the way back, and easily throw another one in. That's how much room I have to work with.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

depends on your goal. i used to run CVR's and i found that putting them in a slighty oversized ported box made them quite loud. i was giving them 400 watts each and with stock electrical i could get a 140.1 Having four may be more cone area, just dont choke them out of airspace.

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

Here's my measurements.

Trunk depth = 36 inches

Width 1 (tire well to tire well) - 33 inches

Width 2 (trunk side to trunk side) - 41 inches

Height - 20 inches

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Doing the math with averaged widths, I'm getting approx 7 3/4 cubic feet of space. We can round that up to 8, or down to 7. or in the middle, 7.5.

Each cvr needs about 1.75 - 2.25 cubic feet of space. So that puts me around my goal of 7-8 cubic feet of trunk to work with.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

Archived