so I have a 2002 f250 with a 7.3 deisel. I want to drag it around florida but I'm running into a problem I think with the front end. I'm not one to just hand my keys and money to someone else to customize my truck for me. I have basic knowledge of vehicles and can do almost anything with the right guidance and practice. the ass-end is pretty self explanatory, c-notch, 4-link, tubbed bed, etc. the front is where the trouble starts. ford has this 'fancy' twin I beam setup that sits well below the frame and really doesnt have much room for travel. I can only imagine that all this needs to be replaced. I guess the main question(s) is/are can I use control arms from a 150 or do I need to order some sort of drop arms? what about the geometry and orientation? will 150 arms bolt up to the 250 frame? am I looking at a total refabrication of the front end?

I havent done or bought anything for this adventure yet - still trying to research. I just finished ripping the old system out and will be getting started on the new install shortly. 2 18's blowthrough with around 8-10,000 watts - but I guess thats another thread.

Dream beams my friend... problem solved

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?partfamilyid=3336

EDIT: Im assuming its 2wd

Edited by blackrosetiger

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

well, if your in WPB, go to modifications unlimited, there off southern blvd.... absolute best place hands down.... owners name is robin and he is a VERY VERY honest person. Feel free to call them, they will set u stright

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

tiger:

yeah I've seen those dream beams. I dont see why they wouldnt work with an airbag setup. I guess technically I just wouldnt be able to 'lay frame' in the front since they bolt up on the bottom of the frame. maybe I'm just being picky about having that leveled out/layed out look. I still need to take some measurements and notes. not even sure what size wheels - big jump in price from 6's to 8's, but I've been told less headaches with 24's as far as tires, brakes, and such. gotta love those big wheels though...

LS 1:

actually I am in west palm and I know where modifications is. I think I will drop by there and see whats up. I just need some ideas and a possible direction to go in that wont totally rape my pocket. sucks cause I dont have any friends around here that are into the whole show truck/ground pounder scene, and I know its big down here. I see alot of rides cruising and bumpin around, just never really met anyone I guess.