Sonic Electronix

Hey guys, i was going to start designing my ported the other day but a question arose regarding the port. I'm going to go with slot port only because it seems like its the most efficient port you can have for a box, but i had a question on the location of the port. Some people put one slot port on either the right end or the left end of their box and house both of their woofers in the "box" part of the box. But i've also noticed that some people put their slot ports in the middle of their box, and the woofers on to the sides of it (i have two subs i'm talking about building a box for two). I just had a question, is there any real difference between the slot port being at one end of the box or in the middle? And if anyone could upload a picture of what the middle slot port looks like from the inside the box, that would be great. But i'm really just wondering in terms of efficieny and curiosity on why some people put it at one end of the box and others put it in the middle. I was thinking of a double slotted port, but it seems like a pain to do especially to seperate the chambers and then create ports on each side for both speakers, and i read on a thread earlier that there isnt a difference in quality of sound as far as housing them in the same box versus seperating the chambers. Thanks for any help!

most of the time the port on either side is used to gain higher numbers depending on the vehicle and how the box is place i believe

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

it is unlikely you would hear a difference in a music install between the 2.... a port to 1 side will have advantages in a spl application.

here is a few pics of both from boxes I have built. The port opening has not been cut out in a few of these pic's. its all I had to show the inside of the box.

100_2689.jpg

100_2758.jpg

IMG_8545.jpg

IMG_8551.jpg

100_5284.jpg

Archived