Sonic Electronix

Hi, im new, im canadian and i have a few questions. i got a 93 lincoln mark viii. if any of you do not know what type of vehicle that is you can look here

i bought the car back in september for 3000, long story short it has a stock jbl "premium" sound system, with a total of 8 speakers. 4 '5x8s' and 4 '2.5" tweeters' and a jbl amp. i have no idea what it is pushing. sounds pretty decent and really only hits low notes.

I my self have 1 10" rockford fosgate t110d4 in a bassworx boxed tuned to 36hz wired to 4ohms. I also have 2 kicker kr35's which have replaced 2 of the tweeters in my lincoln.

so to get to the point I want to REALLY keep the stock deck to make it look factory yet have a decent loud system. i was wondering if you the fellow members of the SMD forum or even the king himself (steve meade) could give me some ideas on what i should do.

Im only wanting to use the 1 10" and replace ALL of my speakers and the POS jbl amp.

So....

1.what amp should I get for the T1?

2.what type of speakers should i get?

3.what type of amp for those speakers?

4.is this possible while keeping the stock deck?

any help is greatly appreciated, if you do not have anything constructive to say then please do not say it, i am looking for quality help, not trolls.

NOTE: the alternator i got is factory ford 220 amp.

Thanks, Michael.

Edited by Lincoln

I wouldn't replace all of those speakers if I were you. In fact, I'd completely do away with some of them.

I'd look into a set of 2-way components for the front doors and maybe, MAYBE replace the speakers in the rear doors. Other than that, nada. As far as keeping the stock deck, that's not a problem. You'll need a LOC (line out converter). Do a google search for PAC line out converter and you'll find what you need.

Edited by chud

You can't fix stupid

I wouldn't replace all of those speakers if I were you. In fact, I'd completely do away with some of them.

I'd look into a set of 2-way components for the front doors and maybe, MAYBE replace the speakers in the rear doors. Other than that, nada. As far as keeping the stock deck, that's not a problem. You'll need a LOC (line out converter). Do a google search for PAC line out converter and you'll find what you need.

thanks for the great reply, thats what i am looking for. As you mentioned above about keeping the speakers that came with the car does not really suite me quite well due to the fact that they are 16 years old. but yet again im the 2nd owner of the vehicle and an old lady owned it since she bought it new so i doubt she was pumping some tupac lol. Money is not really an issue so im looking for really good quality. Ill tell you a story on how i even got the t1.

I had a blackberry pearl flip, got it new, broke the screen in 2 weeks, i posted an ad on kijiji (canadas craiglist) regarding the blackberry stating that i would trade for some audio equipment. the next day someone knocks on my door saying they want the blackberry, i reply by saying what do you have, buddy had the t1 and the kickers already sitting on my drive way and I said eh why not. after doing some research i almost peed my self seeing how good of i deal i got.

so u dont got any budget at all for any of the equipment or any choice in brand that u would like to run as for amps and stuff like that if u can give me more info i can u some ideas or opinions

im not looking to spend 10 thousand dollars but something like 2 grand should be more then enough for a decent set of speakers, amps and wiring. ill be installing my self by the way. ill be looking to buy whatever you mention used. well not the speakers but the amps yes.

thanks for the great reply, thats what i am looking for. As you mentioned above about keeping the speakers that came with the car does not really suite me quite well due to the fact that they are 16 years old. but yet again im the 2nd owner of the vehicle and an old lady owned it since she bought it new so i doubt she was pumping some tupac lol. Money is not really an issue so im looking for really good quality. Ill tell you a story on how i even got the t1.

I had a blackberry pearl flip, got it new, broke the screen in 2 weeks, i posted an ad on kijiji (canadas craiglist) regarding the blackberry stating that i would trade for some audio equipment. the next day someone knocks on my door saying they want the blackberry, i reply by saying what do you have, buddy had the t1 and the kickers already sitting on my drive way and I said eh why not. after doing some research i almost peed my self seeing how good of i deal i got.

I'd replace the speakers, no doubt about it. Whatever I didn't replace, I'd either remove or disconnect. I'd also put some serious thought into replacing the head unit. As you said, it's 16 years old and it's stock. Not too impressive imho.

Do a nice in-dash dvd/nav unit, a nice pair of 6.5" 2-way components in the front doors, a pair of decent 2-way coaxials in the rear doors, remove the rear deck speakers (if there are any) and buy 2 amps (2 channel & a monoblock). Then you can move on to the sub/subs.

That's my opinion. If you don't know about quality brands & such, send me a pm. We might be able to take care of everything you need in a matter of 10 or 15 minutes...

You can't fix stupid

well for that 10" t1 any of these amp would push it just right wired down to 2ohms since its dual 4ohm

eclipse best for the price http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17801_Eclipse+XA1200.html

fosgate next best for the price http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17368_Rockford+Fosgate+PRIME+R500-1.html

mtx http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_13162_MTX+Audio+JackHammer+JH600.html

just so me choices for ur subwoofer amp

cowboys_logo.gif

well for that 10" t1 any of these amp would push it just right wired down to 2ohms since its dual 4ohm

eclipse best for the price http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17801_Eclipse+XA1200.html

fosgate next best for the price http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17368_Rockford+Fosgate+PRIME+R500-1.html

mtx http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_13162_MTX+Audio+JackHammer+JH600.html

just so me choices for ur subwoofer amp

I'd rather have the MB Quart DSC1000.1. It's just as affordable, it's clean class a/b power and it'll give him the option to upgrade to a pair of the subs in the future...if he wants to.

You can't fix stupid