Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Double check my math


Maxim

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm hoping you guys can do me a favor. I made a SketchUp of a box idea for a 15" SSD. It's 3.79 cubes before displacement tuned to just under 34 hertz. I'm assuming as we add bracing and the 45 in the port tuning will wind up somewhere near 34 hertz, which is what I'm aiming for. I also gave myself a second challenge of getting it all to fit on one 8'x4' sheet of MDF, which I managed to do. If you guys could double-check the model and calculations for me that would be amazing!

Download the model HERE

And here's the dimensions of the thing for those who can crunch some numbers super fast (I used Torres' Box Calc just for reference):

BOX

Height: 20

Width: 32

Depth: 18

PORT

Height: 18.5

Width: 3

Length: 27

Sub Displacement (off Fi's site): .17

# of extra Baffles: 1 (design has a double baffle)

# common port walls: 3

wood thickness: .75

You'll get the best idea of the box from looking at the model, but I just want to make sure I didn't mess up any numbers beforehand.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Posted

Any help at all?

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6062 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...