Sonic Electronix

15s or 18s, blowthrough, and a couple other questions.

Alright first off..Hey guys, new here.

I have a 2004 Chevy Silverado 4 door. I'm looking to put either 2 fully loaded 15" or 18" Fi BTL's in a blowthrough. Preferably the 18s. However, I don't want my whole bed to go to waste. So will I have enough box room for the 18s without making the bed unusable?

Another question. I don't know whether to go with the dual 1 ohm or dual 2 ohm. And I would also like some amp suggestions. I have a couple in mind such as the Rockford T2500, Soundstream DTR1.3400D or something from Planet Audio. I really prefer Hifonics but none of them seem like they would be right for the subs. I think I wanna run 2,500 to 3,000 watts or so on each sub..possibly more, possibly less. I don't mind having an amp for each sub either. Pretty sure the most I'm willing to pay total for amps is 2,000.

Lemme know if you need any more info or anything.

Thanks for anything guys!

Alright first off..Hey guys, new here.

I have a 2004 Chevy Silverado 4 door. I'm looking to put either 2 fully loaded 15" or 18" Fi BTL's in a blowthrough. Preferably the 18s. However, I don't want my whole bed to go to waste. So will I have enough box room for the 18s without making the bed unusable?

Another question. I don't know whether to go with the dual 1 ohm or dual 2 ohm. And I would also like some amp suggestions. I have a couple in mind such as the Rockford T2500, Soundstream DTR1.3400D or something from Planet Audio. I really prefer Hifonics but none of them seem like they would be right for the subs. I think I wanna run 2,500 to 3,000 watts or so on each sub..possibly more, possibly less. I don't mind having an amp for each sub either. Pretty sure the most I'm willing to pay total for amps is 2,000.

Lemme know if you need any more info or anything.

Thanks for anything guys!

Hows it going i like the ideas your having im in a little pickel myself on something similar lol but with a mustang.first thing i woudl do is see how much box you need for the 18 and then how much space your bed actually has and start crunching some numbers and i support the Rockford T2500 becasue that is what i will be using and have never had any problems with them and also a sub per amp i just think looks cool seeing them both going at the same time.. yeahhhhhhh thats it

Hows it going i like the ideas your having im in a little pickel myself on something similar lol but with a mustang.first thing i woudl do is see how much box you need for the 18 and then how much space your bed actually has and start crunching some numbers and i support the Rockford T2500 becasue that is what i will be using and have never had any problems with them and also a sub per amp i just think looks cool seeing them both going at the same time.. yeahhhhhhh thats it

I think you need about 10 to 14 cubes for the 18s. And the 15s, like 6 to 10. The other idea I had, but forgot to mention was just one 18. If I went with the T2500s, do you think I should go with the dual 1 ohm or the dual 2 ohm?

I've always thought the one sub per amp thing was cool too. Haha

I think you need about 10 to 14 cubes for the 18s. And the 15s, like 6 to 10. The other idea I had, but forgot to mention was just one 18. If I went with the T2500s, do you think I should go with the dual 1 ohm or the dual 2 ohm?

I've always thought the one sub per amp thing was cool too. Haha

well if space is not an issue would just go with the 2 18's.. for the system build im getting reday to do its going to be 3 15 AA/SMD subs with a t2500bd amp per coil so a total of six amps lol i dont know if that helps you at all

Edit: and i dont know about the other amps because i have never used them.

well if space is not an issue would just go with the 2 18's.. for the system build im getting reday to do its going to be 3 15 AA/SMD subs with a t2500bd amp per coil so a total of six amps lol i dont know if that helps you at all

Danggg thats a lot of money. haha

I just looked up those subs. I didn't realize they had came out already. I'm kinda considering them now but it's a lot of money to get them going. I'd also like to know more about them. Hows the sound quality compared to the BTLs?

Oh and which coil option are you going with?

I just looked up those subs. I didn't realize they had came out already. I'm kinda considering them now but it's a lot of money to get them going. I'd also like to know more about them. Hows the sound quality compared to the BTLs?

Oh and which coil option are you going with?

with that amount of power its not really going to matter wither one but probably the 2 ohm just becasue the amp is more efficient at 2 ohm than 1 ohm. and i have no idea how they compare to the BTL's. and yeah its alot of money but since i already have three amps im like a third of the way there i guess lol

with that amount of power its not really going to matter wither one but probably the 2 ohm just becasue the amp is more efficient at 2 ohm than 1 ohm. and i have no idea how they compare to the BTL's. and yeah its alot of money but since i already have three amps im like a third of the way there i guess lol

But at 2 ohm the amp only makes 1800 watts rms. And I'm not about to buy 4 amps. Haha

Could always go with the Hifonics Maxximus.

Alright so now I got some other ideas if anybody wants to pitch in.

Definitely sticking with Fi's after seeing the price on the SMD's. I'm sure it's totally worth it but I don't have the money.

So here are my new ideas.

2 fully loaded Fi 18s Dual 1 ohm with 2 Hifonics Brutus 2600 watt amps.

Or 2 fully loaded Fi 18s dual 2 ohm with 4 Hifonics Brutus 2600 watt amps.

Or some sort of configuration with 2 Hifonics Colossus amps.

I don't know, help me out guys. More amp suggestions would be great.

Archived