Grounding an amp

Alrighty. I'm installing an AP 1500d in my friend's car. It'll be pushing a Fi SSD 15". He's just about ready to buy all the wiring, but is wondering how much he needs. We're pretty set on the lengths of the 1/0 for the Big 3, but we don't know how much 4 gauge to get so he can do the run to his amp in the trunk. It'll be about a 17-foot run, so he's gonna get 20 feet of red Knu 4g for the anp power wire. Is it necessary to do a run from the amp negative all the way back to the battery to ground it? Or is it fine to ground it to a solid point on the frame? Both? I'm thinking both is the best option, but is the battery run completely necessary? Also, does the ground run need any fuses?

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Alrighty. I'm installing an AP 1500d in my friend's car. It'll be pushing a Fi SSD 15". He's just about ready to buy all the wiring, but is wondering how much he needs. We're pretty set on the lengths of the 1/0 for the Big 3, but we don't know how much 4 gauge to get so he can do the run to his amp in the trunk. It'll be about a 17-foot run, so he's gonna get 20 feet of red Knu 4g for the anp power wire. Is it necessary to do a run from the amp negative all the way back to the battery to ground it? Or is it fine to ground it to a solid point on the frame? Both? I'm thinking both is the best option, but is the battery run completely necessary? Also, does the ground run need any fuses?

I thought I had always heard to keep grounds to 3ft or less. I've got mine grounded to a factory ground spot in the trunk.

2007 Ford Taurus

Pioneer P980BT Head unit

Stock Electical

DB Link 4ga wiring

Polk DB570 front/rear

Junk in the trunk:

Polk db1222 box

Rockford Fosgate 600.1bd

I thought I had always heard to keep grounds to 3ft or less. I've got mine grounded to a factory ground spot in the trunk.

Hence why I'm asking. Would a run to the battery add anything? Especially if it's just 4g? If it's not necessary, then I'm not gonna have him buy an extra 15 feet of wire that he'll never use.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

Run both to the back battery and ground the battery.

Coolio. The Big 3 will take care of the battery ground. So doing a big old run back to the battery from the amp shall be the way we do it.

wtf is lolcats?

Archived