Sonic Electronix

if i were to get 4 of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/PAIR-RE-AUDIO-SXX12D2-SXX-12-4000w-SUBWOOFERS-SXX12-D2_W0QQitemZ300415653710QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Subwoofers_Enclosures?hash=item45f22b174e#ht_4715wt_1166

and i wanted to build a box to the ported optimal specs being 2.0 cubes at 33hz

would i make one box with a port at 34hz and add the displacement of all 4 subs to the total cubes of the box? so instead of the box being a 2.0 cube it would be 2.64 cubes with out the subs then 2.0 again with the subs? also how do u determin the size of a port to get the correct fq?

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Start with Torres calculator and just put in all the things you'll need and just keep tweaking till you get the tuning your looking for. If you run into a problem or have a question just click the help button in the top left corner.

EDIT: Yes you would play with the numbers till you have a net of 8cf.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/38791-torres-exposport-box-tuning-calculator-updated-310/

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

i assume that 2cuft is for EACH woofer, not for a pair or w/e. if you have 4, thats 8cuft before displacements.

so thats .64cuft in just woofer displacement and probably another 1.5-2cuft in port displacement (just a rough estimate)

Archived