Sonic Electronix

LOL, no I had my friend do it but I watched, but I totally get you now. And my HU came with a wiring harness and all the wire info was on the HU itself so it wasn't that difficult for me to see on mine but without a harness I'd be lost lol. Like I said id just hook it up to a cig lighter (if those harnesses in n8ball's link dont work) but I think you would need a small fuse?

The cig ligher is fused anyway. Trust me, ive blown them in every car ive owned when a dime falls into my cig lighter and i push it in when i loose my lighter and my stereo stops working. Also, the amp gets its power from the battery lead, which has a 10A inline fuse already.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

The cig ligher is fused anyway. Trust me, ive blown them in every car ive owned when a dime falls into my cig lighter and i push it in when i loose my lighter and my stereo stops working. Also, the amp gets its power from the battery lead, which has a 10A inline fuse already.

O alright, good stuff then. Hope you get it running soon then. :good:

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack

-Polk Audio db6501 (front components)

-Polk Audio db651 (back coaxials)

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Custom box tuned to 33Hz

- Kinetik HC1400

- 50 ft2 of Audio Technix sound deadner

- Big 3

My photography page

Just tested cig lighter and it is switched. I dont see how this it is ghetto to run it to there. If anything it seems like the only option i have, i tested all the wires and didnt find one that worked, I dont get it.

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Just tested cig lighter and it is switched. I dont see how this it is ghetto to run it to there. If anything it seems like the only option i have, i tested all the wires and didnt find one that worked, I dont get it.

My rule is: it ain't ghetto unless you see wires or tape lol.

edit: so I say go for it, but another thing lol, I would use a cig lighter that you dont use... just in case... like I used the one that is in my compartment between the front seats (forgot the name) instead of the one right under the HU... It should only be a couple feet longer and wiring it shouldn't be anymore difficult... just another suggestion (don't know if it really matters)

Edited by manofthehour

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400

- Big 3

My photography page

My rule is: it ain't ghetto unless you see wires or tape lol.

edit: so I say go for it, but another thing lol, I would use a cig lighter that you dont use... just in case... like I used the one that is in my compartment between the front seats (forgot the name) instead of the one right under the HU... It should only be a couple feet longer and wiring it shouldn't be anymore difficult... just another suggestion (don't know if it really matters)

well its in the forward part of the center console in my car. In front of the gear selector, next to the ashtray. I plan on running the wire up and behind everything to the head unit, and grounding the HU to the chassis. Hopefully tomorrow ill make some progress. Need to run my 1/0, gunna be a pain, and ill fab up some baffles for the door speakers, mount the tweets, get the front stage running atleast. My friend has my monoblock, so i may have to wait till sat for it. But i got my other friends that i could use for now. Arg. This is pissing me off. Yesterday with my hunt for ring terminals after the damned pos batt terminal has about 4 wires on it from the factory, each one fused, so i cant use the terminal i bought from Knu. Well, tomorrow will be court, work, stereo. Hopefully the weather holds out for me, supposed to be rainy.

nice sounds like you gotta a lot of work lol. Do you have a build log?

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400

- Big 3

My photography page

Not yet. Will snap pics tomorrow. Got so wrapped up in trying to figure shit out, ended up taking apart way more of the dash than needed. Like, the whole thing almost. I have a few pics of yesterdays work, and the deadener in the front doors. But thats it for now.

Goals for tomorrow. Finish HU, run power wire, run speaker wire to front doors, cut baffles, mount mids, mount tweets, get old box in trunk, start building new box? Worst case scenario, i got till august to build my box.

Goal is to have the car bumpin by saturday night. The weather is nice and its time for bass.

Nice! Yeah you definitely need to make a build log lol. And when I was installing my LEDGLOW lights I practically took apart the whole dashboard to figure out where to wire em to and then decided to just wire em through the cig lighter in the center console lol. Waste of my time but I now know how to take apart my whole car lol. You making that box for the one 15" in your signature?

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400

- Big 3

My photography page

Nope. Decided to go back to school in august. So i dont have the money for the T3 right now. Im recycling my old subs and amps, everything else is new. I figured that the equipment i have isnt all that bad, and its way better than nothing. Ive been interested in bandpass boxes, so i will start by stuffing my old box from my blazer in the trunk while i make a new one, then ill make this. 1 cube for each sealed chamber, 3.2 for the ported, with an 8" aero. I know its not the ideal ratio for some of you guys, but i used BBP6 and this is what gave the desired response curve. I tried quite a few different ratios of ported to sealed and alot of different port tunings.

4thorder3sketchup.png

Edited by siucsaluki11

Well, just got home from work, time to get back to it. Will start snappin pics and start a build thread at the end of the night if i dont go out tonight.