Sonic Electronix

Getting ready to start a build log for you all. Looking for opinions on the best box design for the buck. Its a 93 civic hatchback. its walled off 16'' from the rear of the car, the amps and batteries, air ride etc is in the rear. anyways i have around 36''wide, 38'' tall (to the roof) and 40'' from the wall to the seats. Im going to be using 2 15s, around 2k rms. Subs im using are spec'd to need around 3.5 cubes each. Id like to be tuned around 35 hertz. Size of the box isnt really important here, im just looking for the design ideas? Cone up port back? Cone up port up? wall it? Just building something for street beat right now. plan to wall it for 4 15s later this year. Any opinions would be great....Thanks

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

personally i wouldnt wall it now because if you are going to wall it later this year it would be a waste of effort, time, and money to do that. As far and sub/port direction i think (dont quote me im prolly wrong) hatches are best like sub/port up to utilize the hatch to "throw" the sound forward.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Thanks, im going to try to get some pics posted of what im working with tonight after work. Im not wanting to wall it until this fall. Still unsure of what subs im going to use then. right now im using two dd 2500s. Sub up port up would help alot with the space issue. the box is literally the head rest for the front seats lol

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

www.flyracing.com

personally i wouldnt wall it now because if you are going to wall it later this year it would be a waste of effort, time, and money to do that. As far and sub/port direction i think (dont quote me im prolly wrong) hatches are best like sub/port up to utilize the hatch to "throw" the sound forward.

Hatches like sub up port back.

Well mostly was wondering what everyone thought would be the best design for what im building. the rear of the car where the box will be is all 90o angles. all square behind the seats if that matters.

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

www.flyracing.com

Oh wait the is going in place of the backseats? So its not under the hatch?

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

I agree with this.. if you have enough space behind the box, port back prob wouldnt be too bad. But I've always heard that the sub and port should point up, with the port being as far back as possible. Just my 2 cents, according to my post count im a noob so what could i know lol

Kenwood DDX 514

DD M3a

DD 9512G

RF 600.4

RF power series 6x8s

lots of zero ga.

Whats coming: Kenwood Excelon screen, DD high end comps, DD 4ch, XS batteries

Yes its replacing the back seats. so there is no hatch shape in the back of it. See in the past ive had better numbers with sub & port firing up. but with the square shape of it now, and being that its all 3" thick mdf and glassed air tight, i was wondering if it would be better port back? I have plenty of room to get my box airspace to do port facing up or back.

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

www.flyracing.com

In my hatchback (suzuki swift 2009? i tried EVERYTHING!!!! If the box it´s in the back, sub up/port up and sub up/port side were the best, if i get the box on the back seat area, subs front/port back for SPL numbers but for ground pounding it sounded AWESOME subs up/port back.

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/