Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

figured Id warn some people about this kinda shit. little lengthy.

when I was in philly, I set up an internet/phone account with verizon, (my roommates would pay me, Id pay the bill) all good. I moved out in september '06 and called them up to switch the name on the account to my roommates'. I got a bill a week later in my name, so we both called and made sure they changed it.

years later, I started gettin calls from collectors saying I owe verizon something like $400+ for unpaid bills from october'06 - march'07. I explained to them that we changed the name on the account to my roommates' twice so they got me in touch with verizon. I told them if they wanted to see any payment from me, to send me a detailed bill of what I owed and the dates from which I owed them. they agreed. I saw nothing in the mail. collectors started calling again, pissing me off. :fing23:

fast forward to now, collectors kept calling, they agreed to lower the price of the bills and said they would be marked as paid in full if I gave them the cash they could get it down to. told me if they remained unpaid, they would stay on my credit as a delinquency and hurt my credit score. So finally, I broke down tonight and paid it.

moral of the story is, if you switch an internet or phone account through verizon, do yourself a favor and cancel it; start a brand new one. should have done it in the first place. /rant :jon:

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...