Sonic Electronix

ok so im planing on installing my own system into my 99 grand prix, i have a box layout and i know which sub/amp im going to buy. I need help on a lot of things with this build like, will i need an alternator? will i need an extra battery? (only poweing 1 15in sub and 1 AQ1200d amp). Also im not too sure how i should set up the sub in my trunk, if u guys need pics plz tell me and i will get them for u. I also need to know what type of wire to buy for the AQ HDC3 15" copper coil series sub, and anything else u think i need to know about this, PLEASE tell me :)

thank you!!

To buy list: 1x AQ HDC315 Copper Coil sub, 1x AQ1200D amp, Wood for sub box, Wiring, Car Alarm, Time and MONEY!

I personally think you'll need a second battery. As far as the box, if u have room to build it with the sub firing to the rear and the port shooting rear, thats always worked best for me in the trunk. Just my two cents....but im a noob to this forum so i dont wanna step on any toes :peepwall:

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

8awg as speaker wire! get an extra battery, group 34 size should be fine. face the subs and port to the back (away from you)

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

8awg as speaker wire! get an extra battery, group 34 size should be fine. face the subs and port to the back (away from you)

so it should look similar to this? (thanks to k3n12ock for having the same sub as me :P)

DSCN1520.jpg

To buy list: 1x AQ HDC315 Copper Coil sub, 1x AQ1200D amp, Wood for sub box, Wiring, Car Alarm, Time and MONEY!

exactly! thats gonna be your best sounding option. I dont know much about those subs or amps, so im not much help. but from what ive read here, your gonna want another battery for sure. And i wouldn't skimp on wiring the rear battery, if you dont use enough or the right size of wire you'll hurt yourself more than you'll gain

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

www.flyracing.com

exactly! thats gonna be your best sounding option. I dont know much about those subs or amps, so im not much help. but from what ive read here, your gonna want another battery for sure. And i wouldn't skimp on wiring the rear battery, if you dont use enough or the right size of wire you'll hurt yourself more than you'll gain

yea, no doubt, im gonna have an extra 150-200 to spend so do u think that would cover the cost of a nice battery and wire?

That one you'll have to shop around for. As far as wire goes id look at some http://www.knukonceptz.com/ wire and see what you think. Someone else will have to help you with the battery issue. I use deka batteries myself. I dont know how people on this board feel about deka. :pardon:

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

www.flyracing.com

I agree with you :)

I dont know about those cars but do the seats fold down if so I would fire it forward sealed off from the trunk if the seats don't just fire it back do the big three and a second battery like an xs, stinger or kinetic

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

I dont know about those cars but do the seats fold down if so I would fire it forward sealed off from the trunk if the seats don't just fire it back do the big three and a second battery like an xs, stinger or kinetic

nope the seats dont fold down :/ im fine with it facing away from me tho, not a big deal