AMP Converter for House Setup?

I have an extra 12" Alpine Type-R with a Alpine V-Power Mono 650 RMS amplifier. I want to hook it up to my friends turn tables in his apartment. I was told that I need an AC converter to make the amp run at a 120V instead of 12v. I went to the local electronics store and found that they only had converters that ran about 2 amps. They told me that 1 amp is about 100 watts, and that I would need a special converter that handles around 10 amps.

What do you guys reccomend for converters?

2003 Pontiac Vibe Dark Red

18" Motegi MR-7's

2 Alpine Type-R 6.5" Coaxial Speakers on the front doors

Alpine CDA Head Unit w/IPod Cable

Alpine V-Power mono mr650

12" Alpine Type-R(2 Ohm) Subwoofer

Dynamat in the trunk with the liscense plate and,

2 Stock tweaters in the front, with the stock speakers in the back seats

this is what most ppl run for there setups but with big distplays they hook deep cycle batteries inline to the componits like decks and amps

they aint cheap but there good

http://www.outdoorpros.com/Prod/Kinetik-Batteries-KIPS12-80-80-Amps-12-Volt-Intelligent-Power-Supply/64848/Cat/1256?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=googlebase&cvsfa=1184&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=3634383438

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

SoundDigital has one, you can run a 1000rms off it without any batteries at all.

dsc02141800x600.jpg

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

i got a radioshack 3amp 13.8v powersupply that i use but i dont run big setups with it

those kinetik power supplys are pritty much the best u can get for the money, those pyramids are good but not as good as the kinetiks

hope this helps, just plug ur power supply in the wall, run some 4 or 8guage, w/e it accepts to ur amp, then maby a wire off pos to a lil toggle switch for remote wire and ur good, i think those will handle up to about 1000w or so, but a small deepcycle battery like this

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17902_SHURiKEN+SK-BT35.html inline with it would make a good small distplay setup rather than run comp power supplys and risk burning ur amp up

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

how much is that sounddigital one?

i want to build a small distplay in my room with maby 1000w of mids n highs n bass combined rms

and a deck too

but how do u add a switcher to a deck to switch from speakers cause i got a few sets of speakers, like some 3&1/2's, 2 sets of 5&1/4's, some 6&1/2's i think

and a few 10's and a 12 and 2 15'sto mess around with and a couple 8's

and how do u wire it up to run more than 1 deck and speakers?

like i got like 2 or 3 headunits to play wit in my room and wanted to make a small distplay just for the hell of it

sorry, dont mean to thread jack, just wanted to kno what all is needed to do this stuff

I deff want to set it up so that there is no battery needed, and it will be powered by an outlet. I am having trouble finding the SoundDigital one online? Any suggestions for websites that carry it?

2003 Pontiac Vibe Dark Red

18" Motegi MR-7's

2 Alpine Type-R 6.5" Coaxial Speakers on the front doors

Alpine CDA Head Unit w/IPod Cable

Alpine V-Power mono mr650

12" Alpine Type-R(2 Ohm) Subwoofer

Dynamat in the trunk with the liscense plate and,

2 Stock tweaters in the front, with the stock speakers in the back seats

You have to get it directly from Murilo at SoundDigital, here is his email, just ask him for a quote on the FT120 Power Supply, and Im sure he will have no prob getting you a price.

Here is his email

[email protected]

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

lol, you can run that amp off that kinetik power supply w/o any problems

just if u want to run more power u will need to add batteries with it, i think steve had 2 of those hooked up to his hoe when he was in vegas and it worked fine for him so i dont see why not

Archived