Sonic Electronix

ok on both my ap 3000's the screw down terminals for the speaker wires are stripped, i have a nasty habbit of over tightening them and yea thats what happened..is there any way to fix this? bigger screws? a dab of hot glue? just wanna ensure the wire wont pop out

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

what i do when screws go to shit is just strip some wire back about 2'' or so and run it threw the screw hole and back out the bottom and twist it on itself and then solder it and wa la, but i dnt kno what you can do with 8guage or so speaker wire

they make a rethreading meterial for machine parts but theres not that many thread rows on an amps screws

if its a set screw i dunno what to do but if its one of those type screws that have a flat piece on top to hold down the wire u could prolly run a smaller bolt down threw it and put a nut on the end and then u can wrench the fuk out of it lol

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

if this is your amp

rwkx08.jpg

if its hella stripped i would just drill a hole down threw the bottom part and just run a bolt threw it and put a ring terminal on the speaker wire, should work i would think since there just lil boxs wit a hole in one side and set screw on top

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

i guess if all else fails i can just solder it in there, will be messy but i know it will stay, i dont really see any way of re threading it because of the size, i guess i could try a bigger screw but dont wanna break anything...not to self, dont over tighten next time lol

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

but befor doing anything, if u have enough room to rethread i would rethread it to another bolt pattern

i think u drill it out and thread it but i think u can still rethread a threaded hole, i would try a rethread first, and if that dont work try the other option, thats bout all i can think of bro

i hate stripped set screws, and phillips set screws, ied rather have an alan head screw than anything

idk if thats my amp or not, ive never opened it up lol..im sure i could do the bolt thing if it gets worse, i can get the wire in and make it stay due to the size, so i may just put some hot glue thats easy to take off around the edge of the terminal so it wont move

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

get a tap and die set. if its too bad youll have to cut new treads in the mounts and get new screws

this would be more of a long term fix

Edited by DirtyD78

2003 CHEVY SILVERADO REG CAB

H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH

new build

2 dc audio lvl4 xl's

rd audio 3250

box is behind the seats

below the window

3.44 after tuned@34 htz

147.3@44 htz & getting louder

if u get some titanium drill bits i think u might can just bore all the way threw the top were the screw goes threw and put a nut on bottom and ring terminal on speaker wires, should work, i would do it if my speaker outputs wasnt at an angle

and since u got 2 sets of screws are they all stripped or just 2 of em? ied try another route if i could

There is also a rethreading kit, I believe they are called tapcon rethreading kit. They are made to put new threads into stripped out metal, They use a hardened steal thread insert, that basically you tap it into the new area and it has the same internal thread as the original screw hole. It is really hard to strip those once you insert them. Good way to go IMHO

There is also a rethreading kit, I believe they are called tapcon rethreading kit. They are made to put new threads into stripped out metal, They use a hardened steal thread insert, that basically you tap it into the new area and it has the same internal thread as the original screw hole. It is really hard to strip those once you insert them. Good way to go IMHO

link please?

and yes the screw holes are stripped on the "bridged" portion of the amp the two far inputs

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg