Sonic Electronix

I bought a new set of 12's. Included was woofer parameters, but i dont know how to build a box with only that info. Ive fooled around with the info on the web and came up with around a 3 cubic foot box with a 4x4 square vent that is 12.25 inches long for one woofer....sounds a little long to me...now this could be totally wrong, but if it isnt, if the two woofers share 6 cubic feet does the port need to change?? Please help guys!!!

1999 tahoe

eclipse 8448

4 battcap 800s

autotek mx5000

2 american bass xfl's ...more to come

16sqin of port for 3 cubes? thats nowhere near enough. you need at least 12sqin (12-16) PER cubic foot and you have 5.3 per cubic foot. i got this by multiplying the height and width (NOT DEPTH) of the port (for a square, different equation for a circle).

they are going in a 1999 tahoe

thats plenty of space for 1 woofer. a quick search and i cant find any enclosure plans. for generic 12" enclosures its usually 1.5-2.5cuft. so aim for around there.

16sqin of port for 3 cubes? thats nowhere near enough. you need at least 12sqin (12-16) PER cubic foot and you have 5.3 per cubic foot. i got this by multiplying the height and width (NOT DEPTH) of the port (for a square, different equation for a circle).

it sounded wrong to me, ive never used software to build a box, i know all the equations, just cant use the parameters to build yet!

Thanks for the info.

1999 tahoe

eclipse 8448

4 battcap 800s

autotek mx5000

thats plenty of space for 1 woofer. a quick search and i cant find any enclosure plans. for generic 12" enclosures its usually 1.5-2.5cuft. so aim for around there.

i just got 2 in today, if they do what is claimed im going two more, all on a old autotek mx5000. right now i want a perfect box for them so i can see what they are capable of, if they are not as good as ive heard im going with their hd series

1999 tahoe

eclipse 8448

4 battcap 800s

autotek mx5000