vmax charge tanks... awesome, alt question?

Hey guys i just wanted to say i bought a vmax charge tank today... the SMALLEST one they have.. and im running the the power series from rf (1500-1 bd, 600-4) all off that TINY battery.. i have zero headlight dimming... nothing. This kinda made me wonder... anybody have any idea what the alt rating on my 08 focus is? i've been looking for a while now and cant find crap. One site i found said 150ish.. which seems crazy high to me lol. So i ignored it, but after putting about 2k rms into my car... off one tiny battery, and zero headlight dimming, im kinda wondering

Kenwood DDX 514

DD M3a

DD 9512G

RF 600.4

RF power series 6x8s

lots of zero ga.

Whats coming: Kenwood Excelon screen, DD high end comps, DD 4ch, XS batteries

• 1 year later...

Hey guys i just wanted to say i bought a vmax charge tank today... the SMALLEST one they have.. and im running the the power series from rf (1500-1 bd, 600-4) all off that TINY battery.. i have zero headlight dimming... nothing. This kinda made me wonder... anybody have any idea what the alt rating on my 08 focus is? i've been looking for a while now and cant find crap. One site i found said 150ish.. which seems crazy high to me lol. So i ignored it, but after putting about 2k rms into my car... off one tiny battery, and zero headlight dimming, im kinda wondering

i have a 2.3 duratec focus, my lights, my tach gauage leads and at idle i would drop to around 10.5 volts. all on a 1500bcp, stock electical, and a dc lvl 5 18. i just ordered a vmax 2000. think it will help?

an optima yellowtop that has a 60ah rating with run you $200. a vmax will run you $230, and you can get the yellow top at your local auto parts store. just food for thought.

Getting bass into the cabin of a W124 mercedes is impossible.

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 300.2 for fronts

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub

Leaning towards a 8" in an exponential horn

DAMN YOU GERMANS AND YOUR 5" SPEAKERS!

Archived