Second Skin Audio

12'' sub that can take 3k daily?

yeah, its good to be thorough. Check all info you can get.

You will get alot of opinions on here though that may not be fully justified or supported, so just look out for the good info.

There are some knowledgeable people here that should chime in with first hand experience and in depth info. Listen to those guys.

Running two 15" HDC3's on 3k apiece.

What you want to do is build the box on the small side to put some back pressure on the cones or you are going to destroy thr suspensions. (Just killed mine this way.)

Also, are you going to be able to see the subs in your install?

Are you going to be able to smell them?

Mine are relatively close to the drivers seat so when I start to just smell them getting warm I can turn it down real quick.

Word of advice; Set your gains with an Oscilliscope.

When I had just one amp @ 1Ω on both subs if I clipped it, they would get hot FAST.

But now with both amps set conservatively I can hit the backplate way before the power heats the coils up.

This is a lot of power for any sub to handle in a daily application, so be sure to play it safe and take it easy until you learn what your subs will or won't take.

Oh, and I'd reccomend AQ HDC3's with some type of upgraded spider package. :)

DC Level 4 XL hands down. Best sub daily 3K IMO. Mine is awfully hungry after throwing it around 2k watts in a 1.7 cube enclosure. You'll wanna a smaller enclosure to keep control of the excursion, but 3k for a daily is fine as far as I know.

I say IA Wardens, there a little on the pricey side but will love 3K a piece, Plus I think I only know of one other guy that is on SSA that runs the 12's.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

My audiopulse axis 15 has take 3k in a daily car for a few years now. they make 12" versions too.

but how much do money is it for each? and im running 2 rf t2500.1bds yes its clean and my re mx 12'' subs arent taking it well thats why i wanna upgrade.

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 XS Power D3400 (under hood)

1 Addictive Audio 500.1 :D

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Kenwood excelon x494 Head unit

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

(New Best official db score= 151.2 @ 36hz)

I say IA Wardens, there a little on the pricey side but will love 3K a piece, Plus I think I only know of one other guy that is on SSA that runs the 12's.

Those warden's love 5k a piece hahaha

I still suggest a DC Sub for the simple price for the performance you get. Simply amazing IMO.

alright so ill have like 6-8^ft to mess with as far as total box space in the car. yes i will be able to smell and see the subs they will be like a foot behind my head pointing up. im going to put port back and subs firing up. Im thinking now of going with 15'' subs cause its gonna be very hard to find some 12''s that will like 3k without having a master box builder building me a box....

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

alright well if i go with 15''s then im up in the air between DC, AQ, T3.... I also have a guy wanting to trade some orion hcca 12'' subs would those hold up? I live in Missouri so most of whats around here is Diamond, JL..., RF, Kicker. Nobody has DD, AQ, FI, T3 really other than people that have like 30k rms or more.... so i dont really know what will work for my application. And thanks for all the comments this is alot of useful info for me guys.

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

The HCCA's will do great on that power, they really dont wake up till around 2.5K+ Given they are 4 inch coil subs.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Archived