DC Sound Lab

got my sub in and damn!

I have a dc lvl4xl 12 that I am installing and need a good simple but effective box design. I have little space I want to give up but the max dimensions are 36Lx15Hx12D. Thanks for any help or suggestions. Oh and want it tuned round 30hz

Edited by bigjoe302boss

dc lvl 4xl 12

kicker zx1500

2 sets of kicker ds6.5s

optima yellow top (extra batt) with big 3

1/0 guage and 3 150amp anls

eclipse cd5000 headunit

Is this going in a trunk?

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

find port area here then box design here Good luck! These are pretty much the awnsers I got when asked and glad I got these added to my favs!

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

Or you could do it the cool-kid way with SketchUp, a calculator, and Torres' calc:

1 DC LVL 4 XL. 2 cubes tuned to 31.5hz. Had I made the port longer to tune it lower, it would have dropped the net volume too low. Looks kinda cool with the uber port though. I'm assuming it's in a trunk (looked at your avatar) so I put the sub and port back, which is what made the port be so long (had to snake it).

box1-6.png

box2-6.png

box4-4.png

Edited by Maxim

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

Thanks so much, how wide is that port? And is that using my max dimensions for the outside?

dc lvl 4xl 12

kicker zx1500

2 sets of kicker ds6.5s

eclipse cd5000 headunit

port is 2.25" wide, 13.5 tall. It's using max. dimensions. If you're gonna o with that design, make sure to put 45's in the corners of the port to help the air flow better. The port wound up being just over 30" long.

Edited by Maxim

wtf is lolcats?

I built the box the other day and routered the inner port walls and 45ed all the corners and also put a double face and routered the port mouth, didnt take build pics sorry. I am supposed to have my sub friday and I will be throwin it on my kicker zx1500. I hope this DC lvl4 xl really impresses me, and I purchased a lvl2 witha pink custom dustcap for the wife, I will post so after pics later, I know pink subs have to be louder though :rofl:

dc lvl 4xl 12

kicker zx1500

2 sets of kicker ds6.5s

eclipse cd5000 headunit

I built the box the other day and routered the inner port walls and 45ed all the corners and also put a double face and routered the port mouth, didnt take build pics sorry. I am supposed to have my sub friday and I will be throwin it on my kicker zx1500. I hope this DC lvl4 xl really impresses me, and I purchased a lvl2 witha pink custom dustcap for the wife, I will post so after pics later, I know pink subs have to be louder though :rofl:

Pink makes like 30 db gains. :rofl:

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Pink makes like 30 db gains. :rofl:

yeah, at least 30 dbs in a sealed box, no tellin how much if I put a pink skin on her zx400, it may up the wattage to the 1000+ rms range and make the DC put up record #s for a trunk setup with a single 10 :lol:

dc lvl 4xl 12

kicker zx1500

2 sets of kicker ds6.5s

eclipse cd5000 headunit