Sonic Electronix

Hey guys, i just had a quick question. i made a screw up on ordering the wrong coils on the sub and its too late because its already getting shipped, i needed 4 ohm coils and i got 2 ohm coils instead. normally this wouldnt be a problem at all but the amps that i'm choosing are limited. There's an alpine V12 that is rated at 350w@2ohms and there's a JL 500/1 thats [email protected]. the alpine amp is almost more than likely to get bought, but when i looked it up a 2 ohm sub can either be wired down to 1 ohm or 4 ohms. Is there any way i can get a 2 ohm load on this speaker with the alpine amp, by either hooking up just one coil or if anyone knows if an alpine mrd-300 is stable at 1 ohm? Thanks for any advice!

Edited by Ndnkobra

you can make returns dude. dont open it just send it back

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

If you just ordered it you can probably still cancel your order.

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

You can always get this and run it at 4ohm and if he happened to want a 2nd sub it can be then ran at 2ohm for max power in the future.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALPINE-MRP-M500-CLASS-D-AMP-MONO-BLOCK-AMPLIFIER-NEW-/140401651362?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item20b0972ea2#ht_3469wt_1150

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

yeah that would be a steal, but for him its just saving as much money as possible which isnt the right way to go if you're cheating out on quality equipment. thats why i'm trying to find an amp that will put out 300w at 1 ohm or 4 ohms just so he doesnt get angry. or anything 300w and above and i can just tune the amp to put out 300w of power, but his budget is really killing me right now, the amp needs to be under $100