Second Skin Audio

think i "F"d my boxes.

You can remove the inner port and block it off and put in a round port 4"x13"L tuned to 35hz

damn didnt see this response.....

so take out the wood for the port

put new face plate on and just install a round port

kool atleast that will save some time and $

sony m60ui

polk mid/hi's

infinity 6000m on tower

fosgate p3d212 x2

fosgate p400-4

fosgate t1000-1bd

im ona boat bitch

My boat build

funny thing is...............slamming fireworks in to the ground with a sledge hammer in mexico is like car audio in california... everyone is doing it but most fail :)

Every time I read a comment you post, or a topic you make... I cannot help to think of how much of a badass you are!!

You could build a 1" spacer to drop down in the port to shrink it from 2" to 1" wide and that would put you around 35.5 hz, so it would be 1"x15"x16"

EDIT: sadly there aren't many easy options after a box is made.

Edited by Skullz

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

You could build a 1" spacer to drop down in the port to shrink it from 2" to 1" wide and that would put you around 35.5 hz, so it would be 1"x15"x16"

EDIT: sadly there aren't many easy options after a box is made.

so my box volume seems ok ? i just screwd the port up?

fosgate says 1.50-2.10 and i have 1.91

Edited by az73

sony m60ui

polk mid/hi's

infinity 6000m on tower

fosgate p3d212 x2

fosgate p400-4

fosgate t1000-1bd

im ona boat bitch

My boat build

funny thing is...............slamming fireworks in to the ground with a sledge hammer in mexico is like car audio in california... everyone is doing it but most fail :)

Every time I read a comment you post, or a topic you make... I cannot help to think of how much of a badass you are!!

k. thank you very much. think i'll try the round port option.

if not you want some $ to design me a damn box :lol:

sony m60ui

polk mid/hi's

infinity 6000m on tower

fosgate p3d212 x2

fosgate p400-4

fosgate t1000-1bd

im ona boat bitch

My boat build

slide a 3/4" piece of mdf down them (full width and height) and see if that changes things noticeably... or a 1/2" if 3/4 is too thick.

if they help you can screw them in place and fiberglass it at the end inside the box to smooth it out.

Edited by STEvil

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

well.... did the drop in a peice of 3/4" so that the port is 1.1/4 x 15 x 16.

now it hits low and sounds good but there is way to much port noise 1/2 the time. some note thump but some just make god awful noise.

so tomorrow im going to tear the port wood out and make a new face plate but i dont think i can fit a 4" port so could i do 2) 2"x 13 ports?

sony m60ui

polk mid/hi's

infinity 6000m on tower

fosgate p3d212 x2

fosgate p400-4

fosgate t1000-1bd

im ona boat bitch

My boat build