i got a 1993 camry le 2.2 liters. im getting sluggish acceleration and engine performance. the car's performance doesnt feel the same as before. it feels like their is a whale in my car when i drive. and im think excessive gas consumption. i want to know what might be the problem. im going to be honest, i dont know anything about engines and fix them. at least i want to know what might be wrong so when i go into a shop i know whats up with my ride and what it needs. thanks.

Edited by imupabove

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

i got a 1993 camry le 2.2 liters. im getting sluggish acceleration and engine performance. it just doesnt feel the same. it feels like their is a whale in my car when i drive. and im think excessive gas consumption. i want to know what might be the problem. im going to be honest, i dont know anything about engines and fix them. at least i want to know what might be wrong so when i go into a shop i know whats up with my ride and what it needs. thanks.

it can be you mass air flow sensor,thats what controls gas,buy one at junk yard because that part is expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

bump

can it be a bad distributor? their is gunk/build up on the dist. cap. its also getting on those sensors or plugs, not sure what are those and what they do :\. i bought new spark plug wires and spark plugs. so how would i know to change just the cap, the distributor itself, or the o-ring seal?

Edited by imupabove

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

how many miles bro?

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

• 4 weeks later...

about like 130-xxx

have you replaced the fuel filter? that will rob you of power in a hurry. at 130k id replace the fuel filter for sure if you haven't already, clean out the MAF, injectors, and throw some new spark plugs on there and i would bet that would solve your issues if you haven't messed with any of that in at least 50k miles or so