Best way to torch lower a car?

Been lowering cars for years since the minitruck days.. Never had any problems. Heating the coils til they collapse is not the way I would recommend. I know alot of people frown on Flame drops but when I started doing this back in the early 80's you couldn't just go buy lowering springs. Instead, we would buy Stiffer springs from heavier vehicles and torch out a coil and a half to half the coil depending on how low you want to go. It's Doable, Not many like it, but this is how I did it. Get a Metal yard stick so you can keep track of how low you go and be even. We use to take out 1 coil and half (1 1/2) coils. That's 1 full circle from the BOTTOM ONLY. Then another 1/2 Circle. This would usually yield a 2 to 3 inch drop. This way you still have coil, just shorter. heated where you collapse the spring front and rear of the coil, they can Snap on you later because you've heated all the elasticity out of the coil and all you have is Thick assed Coat hanger bending back and forth every time you hit a bump. Like Dudes mention, if you can afford it buy springs.. But I'm from the Ol'School of lowriding before we could afford or even KNEW how to put hydros on, we took a coil and half out or more by cutting off from the End of the coil until we got it as low as we wanted. Rear spring were usually 2 -2.5 coil turns. Just My 2 Cents. Use the info at your own risk.. This is just how I did it back in the day. I understand every one's pockets ain't always on Blast... so Buying custom parts can be nuclear...as in "Unobtainium" Flaming me is useless, I am Bully Proof with Skillz.. Holla if you wanna see my trucks from back in the day. I built 3 trucks I owned 2 of which hit Minitruck Magazine back in the 80's.. Just new on this board and just getting back into customizing after an 18 year break raising my sons.. Now they are into cars!!

I love the Cantilever setups. My 68 C10 Awaits! .. Every kid should have a dad like me. Go Faster son! Wet sand it over and repaint it! It's not perfect!.. Turn it Up! Go get a couple more Amps and woofer, here take my debit card son.

-Diz-

The Sky is Not the Limit....The Ground is.

id like to see the 68 c10 and the cantilever setup.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived