Best way to torch lower a car?

Hey, I have a buddy of mine that wants to lower his 3k GT a lil bit. He's thinking about torching the springs to drop it an inch or 2. He has never done this before, so he is curious if anyone has some helpful hints or suggestions on how to do it easier? He doesnt want to spend much money either.

tell him to spring a bit of money on ebay and get springs...he will be alot happier.

x2, if it was a bucket and ya'll just wanted to mess around then torch away. but a car like that i wouldnt cut no corners.

I would not attempt to do that if you have no experience with suspensions. One wrong move and he is going to end up buying new springs anyways. I would tell him to save and just buy a lowering kit for it.

94 lincoln mark viii

h/u: kenwood kvt 614 Excelon

comps: alpine type x

amps: mtx 1501d mtx 4004

sub:2 DC lv4 12

wiring jl audio 0awg 8 awg sub

jl audio 4 awg for mid and highs amp

myspace.com/kylecm85

carstereolexington.com

level some wood or cinder blocks under the factory jack points a inch or two from touching them. heat the springs till the car sits down on the blocks. wait a few hours to cool, jack car up off blocks, remove and drive.

I wouldnt do it anymore, but did plenty of times back in the 90's

99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.

If he intends to actually keep and drive the car, Don't.

Get springs from ebay or the interwebs and rock on, torched springs are rather unsafe, I'd say.

[HOONIGAN]*

'01 Ford F-250 LWB
JVC KD-R950BT / Alpine MRV-M500 / (2) SWA-10s4

The best way is not to. DO NOT HEAT YOUR SPRINGS! He will be risking his life and everyone else on the road! Do not heat springs. If you have to lower your car go the ebay route and get the cheap coil over sleeves for 40 bucks. But if he wants an ok ride on stock struts get megan coilover sleeves.

2 Infinity Reference 1252w 12s

4.2 cubic foot box tuned to 28hz

Sub amp: 1 Profile AP1200

Speaker amp: 1 Sony Xplod XM-504z

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

f05112e8-c6ca-4f78-9a8d-47be99303c8b_zps

Diamonds are forever, but 9's end that shit fast....

Assuming he plans to torch his springs he might as well make a cardboard bodykit for it. Along with a shopping cart wing... Hell might as well put a bubble machine and a coffee maker in his ride....

:noob::bull:

Derp.

Archived