Sonic Electronix

So I got the 8500's hooked up.

Well i've got it all hooked up like that diagram there. Had the gain at about 1/4th since I can't correctly adjust it right now. Bass boost knob turned all the way down as always (I just use it to monitor clipping since it lights up blue, or red if it's clipping) bass at -2 on the head unit. I don't know, maybe this amp isn't cutting it. I was running less power on those Type R's and getting twice the bass, you could hear me from a block away. These aren't even flexing my trunk.

It could very well be the amp too, but at least your wired right. Turn your bass to 0. I never mess with deck settings. I leave bass, mids and treble all at 0. Once you set your gain right, you'll notice a difference. Play with it in the morning. Also turn your bass boost down all the way.

Rule of thumb with gains..its not a volume. Just cause it's a 1.4 the way up doesn't mean you are only using 1/4 of the power of the amp. Best way to set an amp is with an o-scope, but lot of us poor people use a DMM, 50 hz test tone, and a little math to calculate what the voltage should be on the DMM. That link one page one helps more. Or check the forum area under amps.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Full volume on deck and amps not set right will cause clipping, set your deck to around 90% of max volume and then adjust your amp. If dmm isn't an option, you can listen for the subs to distort, then back it off some..not sure about the bass knob, you might be able to use it as a guide...when it turns red, just back it off some. Unno on that though.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Full volume on deck and amps not set right will cause clipping, set your deck to around 90% of max volume and then adjust your amp. If dmm isn't an option, you can listen for the subs to distort, then back it off some..not sure about the bass knob, you might be able to use it as a guide...when it turns red, just back it off some. Unno on that though.

Alright, i'll figure it out. Thanks for all the help, i'm glad I have the subs going again. :)

Archived