Yeah..

My car :)

car2u.jpg

carfv.jpg

car3n.jpg

Please excuse the pics, these are from the day i got her. Since then she's had new spark plugs, a new tyre (front passenger one was bald), new wheel trims and a damn good wash.

At the moment i have the standard front door speakers and 2 speakers in the parcel shelf. It's not bad to say i've spent nothing so far.

Basically i'm 18, a massive audiophile and big fan of Mr. SMD himself, who's videos inspired me to build a real system for this thing, not just a boombox like you see in all the wannabe's cars.

So here i am. I'm gonna get some pics up, some designs and ideas up and i'm gonna be doing a lot of brainstorming, hopefully all you guys can help me get my dream system :)

More to follow...

Chris

nicecar.jpg

1997 Ford Fiesta Encore

4" rear speakers

Standard ford front speakers

Not for long, trust me!

Okay so went out to get some pics and a video while it's still.. well only a little rainy. It aint gonna get better than this!

Here she is in her current status, video soon if i can figure out how to upload it :)

The awesome plate :)

img3001i.jpg

My stereo, it's not the top line model, i could do with USB/Aux input.

img2999h.jpg

Door cards, i'm thinking i'll just replace the speakers already there and seal it up a bit better, try to stop rattling.

img2998u.jpg

Possibly the most optimistic system ever? Sometimes i wonder what i was thinking.

img2997f.jpg

These speakers aren't actually that bad :) 150W rms each. Plugged into 45w channels on my stereo so handles it like it's nothing.

img2996o.jpg

Hmm, i wonder, AA SMD? Haha i'm thinking about speaker choices but i really need some measurements first :)

img2995.jpg

img2994ki.jpg

AND: The video. Once it finishes uploading :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iUxLBGJQM8&feature=player_embedded

The funny thing is that at the moment my room system is better quality. I have a modded 2.1 speaker system. I kept the sub but wired 2 DENON speakers in place of the satellites. :)

nicecar.jpg

1997 Ford Fiesta Encore

4" rear speakers

Not for long, trust me!

um.... If it were me, I would run a pair of 10" AQ SDC's and a AQ1200D, that shit would sound clean. put a nice strong batt in the rear, and a run of 0/1g power/ground wires aswell

Yeah i've been thinking 10's or 12's at a stretch, i do like the look of these though: http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs_pages.php?page_id=245

But i'm not convinced it would deliver a good enough punch when needed :P It would be nice to make it look kinda subtle :) Still in the brainstorming stage though.

I have been eyeing up the AA arsenal's, a couple of those would look good either side of my boot?

I think with what i wanna do a secondary battery is necessary, i want A-Pillar tweeters, some extra mids maybe too. The thing is that i want this to be a good learning process too so tell me if i'm talking bs :)

Thanks

Chris

nicecar.jpg

1997 Ford Fiesta Encore

4" rear speakers

Not for long, trust me!

If skating is a big thing for you (noticed the board..) do some sort of 2-10" setup with a nice clean amp rack/board rack combination? Just throwing you some ideas.

Yeah i was thinkin if i et some rockford fosgate or JL thin subs, i could tuck those away nicely and have 2 amps on a rock where the board is. Maybe i could do it slotted so i can put more than one board in at once :) need to find some ood 500w amps to show off first ;)

nicecar.jpg

1997 Ford Fiesta Encore

4" rear speakers

Not for long, trust me!

car4a.jpg

car3f.jpg

car2ip.jpg

car1b.jpg

Given it a polish and a wash. I also have a design (not to scale, in fact it's way off but it's just inspiration for now!!).

draft001.jpg

nicecar.jpg

1997 Ford Fiesta Encore

4" rear speakers

Not for long, trust me!

car4a.jpg

car3f.jpg

car2ip.jpg

car1b.jpg

Given it a polish and a wash. I also have a design (not to scale, in fact it's way off but it's just inspiration for now!!).

draft001.jpg

just my 2 cents but two separet boxes and sep ports may not work as aficent as one box and one port and this way would be eser to build less work when box is gettin built