Second Skin Audio

Help with ported box

Alright, i have been meaning to post this for awhile but...

1997 midnight purple honda accord

I have 4 12'' kenwoods (yeah kenwoods, 2 of 4 installed)

An amprack in the back with one 1800 kenwood amp and a 600 watt kenwood amp* (For my highs and mids, also not plugged in yet)

A false floor instead of a backseat

And a HC1800 watt battery.

Now some of that doesn't matter but i thought i should explain all that i have before i ask for help.

Now my idea with this car is to do what Steve did with his 98 civic but instead of 2 18's i would be using 4 12's.

Right now i took the box that i got from a local audio store and that's what i have installed still. I copied how they made that box and i have my other (unfinished) box in the garage. The reason why i did this is because i didn't (and don't) know that much about building boxes. I don't understand exactly how to tune and to configure how big the box has to be.

What i really want to do with my car is have a wall with one huge box and one port. Have more of a solid, one box, wall of subs.

Now i really am asking for help out there. I don't trust my local audio store because i have heard that they pretty much take shortcuts in all that they do.

I can provide any other information you need. Pictures, measurements, whatever. Just ask for it and i will respond as late as one day. But i will be checking up on this post everyday.

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

Maybe these will help you good luck also if you search in here there is box calculator

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

tuning preference is all up to you. want kind of music do you like? if rap tune in the lower 30's. if like rock or something higher 30s. all depends on you. if you want better sound quality and car flexing air moving bass tune low. if you want higher spl numbers and less sq and more louder tune higher.. i like 32hz. but i listen to rap

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Well honestly i know this sounds bad but i want my bass to do something! Like i want to be able to do a hair trick or something impressive that no one else can do! I want it to be loud but still have some quality to the bass. I want it to flex my car. I just want it to be really different and impressive i guess lol

EDIT: Yeah and i guess i listen to bass a lot more then rock with my system. I rather be able to bump then to hit super clean on bass petal rock

Edited by DarkTinman

so yeah tune any where from 35-30hz if you want. dont know if you can do a hair trick with 4 12s lol just remember lower tuning more air moving

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

DDlincolnon22s build? pwk boxes are normally good but from all that ive seen he does mostly t-lines and bandpass types instead of traditional ported stuff it all depends on what you want though... if you just want normal ported it would probably be better to just design one up but hey thats just my opinion.... what are your measurements?

DSBP_blue.jpg

parton226