Sonic Electronix

So i've finally seen the light and relized that I would much rather run a 15" Kicker L7 or DC lv.3or4 over two kenwood 12's anyday.... So that brings me to my question:

If i'm running one 15" and i listen to rap, how many cubes should i build my box to and what tuning?

Also, W/ a kicker L7 or DC lv3or4 (depending on quote) What amp would you guys recommend me running?

and what have you guys paid for a DC Lv.3 or 4 15"?

Thanks!

I run a DAT HF 1k to a lvl4 and it seems like a really good combo. did a 144 with it :) box is 3.2ish cubes tuned to 34hz...and it does hairtricks :)

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

Depends. The L7 and the Lvl3 require different box sizes. Usually around 3-3.5cubic ft. As for tuning, depends how much you love the lows. Mines was at 32, loved it. Now at 35, lows don't hit like how I like them to. As for pricing, well, they're affordable :D I have prices but I'm not an official dealer so sorry. PM WCARusty or Thorshammer or call them direct.

i (noone) cant give you prices on what we have paid for DC woofers, you gotta call the guys up :). but the l7 would probably get louder, but the lvl3 would sound a HELL of alot cleaner

It's up to you. Glue is 100x stronger than screws, but using both will accomplish the effect. It's more HOW you use the screws, not IF.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

You can use the screws to clamp the wood together while the glue dries. No point in taking them out afterwards either.

good idea this is what i was thinking also