Second Skin Audio

Dual ported box

hello. i have 2 alpine type r's. i want to make a ported box built for mainly spl but still maintain sound quality of course. i have no clue where to start. i have no tools except a drill and some handy tools. i messed around with that RE calculator but wasnt sure if i was things correctly, is it a useful tool? is that the only tool i need for my measurements and cut outs? should i double baffle it? im really serious on making this box, even though i never built one. i posted this same topic a while back but no success yet :[ but its cool. btw, i got a pair of 12" RF T1's and some day i want to use those with the same custom box. i want to build a universal ported box so any 12's will be loud in the box. thank you for your time.

car:1993 camry sedan

amp:rockford t10001bd

trunk measurements: not yet taken

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

hello. i have 2 alpine type r's. i want to make a ported box built for mainly spl but still maintain sound quality of course. i have no clue where to start. i have no tools except a drill and some handy tools. i messed around with that RE calculator but wasnt sure if i was things correctly, is it a useful tool? is that the only tool i need for my measurements and cut outs? should i double baffle it? im really serious on making this box, even though i never built one. i posted this same topic a while back but no success yet :[ but its cool. btw, i got a pair of 12" RF T1's and some day i want to use those with the same custom box. i want to build a universal ported box so any 12's will be loud in the box. thank you for your time.

car:1993 camry sedan

amp:rockford t10001bd

trunk measurements: not yet taken

Marlo Stanfield gave me some dimensions just for the type r's...he is also here on this forum. and I have to say that I am "REALLY" happy with my enclosure. gets really low, and loud off 3500 watts to the 4 subs. these specs are PER SUB, 2.3 cubic ft internal volume after displacement, and 30 square inches of port. tuned to 34hz.

I cant say that that will work for all subs as subs are just designed different. maybe you will be lucky and it will work with your T1's. But I do stand behind marlo's specs for the type r's:)

Edited by 98crewcab

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

Marlo Stanfield gave me some dimensions just for the type r's...he is also here on this forum. and I have to say that I am "REALLY" happy with my enclosure. gets really low, and loud off 3500 watts to the 4 subs. these specs are PER SUB, 2.3 cubic ft internal volume after displacement, and 30 square inches of port. tuned to 34hz.

I cant say that that will work for all subs as subs are just designed different. maybe you will be lucky and it will work with your T1's. But I do stand behind marlo's specs for the type r's:)

have you heard about that RE calculator? should i use that to build my box? since you said "2.3 cu. ft.", do i times that by two?

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

have you heard about that RE calculator? should i use that to build my box? since you said "2.3 cu. ft.", do i times that by two?

I heard that the RE calculator was a little off. I used 12volt.com for my port dimensions. and it seemed to work out pretty damn good. and yes. multiply by two....so 4.6 cubic feet after all displacement of port and subs. and 60 square inches of port. double check with the guys here just before you build to make sure the port length is right for the tuning you want. stay with 60 square inches, but until I know the size of your box, dont know the length of the port :pardon:

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

I heard that the RE calculator was a little off. I used 12volt.com for my port dimensions. and it seemed to work out pretty damn good. and yes. multiply by two....so 4.6 cubic feet after all displacement of port and subs. and 60 square inches of port. double check with the guys here just before you build to make sure the port length is right for the tuning you want. stay with 60 square inches, but until I know the size of your box, dont know the length of the port :pardon:

not sure how to use that "port calc." on 12volt.com. what do i punch in? sorry kinda new at this.

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

i would download the torres calc man its pretty simple and easy right here on the forum you should try it i'd go 3.5-4 cubes tuned to about 34hz i had the same subs and set up and it pounded try about a 4in port tuned to 34 and you will have the right amount of port area and it will sound real nice, good luck

i would download the torres calc man its pretty simple and easy right here on the forum you should try it i'd go 3.5-4 cubes tuned to about 34hz i had the same subs and set up and it pounded try about a 4in port tuned to 34 and you will have the right amount of port area and it will sound real nice, good luck

if it came down to it and i just get too lazy.. . what do you think about this box.

i can get it for $140 shipped to me, maybe even a little cheaper.

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

i really dont know where to start. can anyone help me please?

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical