Sonic Electronix

need help finding complete system for 99 park avenue

ok, so i have a 99 park ave, right now, it has all the stock speakers, ( 2 6x9's in the back a 6"in each front door, and a 3" in each front door, and i think 2 3" speakers in the dash im not sure to be honest), i need help knowing for sure. but basically, the speakers are decent for what i have now, but im looking to replace them because when i turn my stereo all the way up (pioneer dehp6000ub) they start to get distorted a bit. im also looking for a sub to put in the trunk. the only hangup, is i dont have a job haha (im 16 and noone is hiring teens anymore). im willing to save my cash, but i need to know what to buy. good, "bang for your buck" type of shit (no pun intended) basically i wanna keep it on the cheap but still have a good system that this stereo wont distort. this stereo already makes it where i have that half deaf feeling when i get out of the drivers seat, so the amp would be for subs only. thanks alot for any input.

i know how to wire (i used to rig up mopeds with stereos for cash lol) i just need to know the right products. $30 stereos from walmart and walmart speakers wont cut it here. thanks alot!

Edited by eltatertoto
6000k headlights, LED license plate fog lights, tinted taillights and to top it all off, 2 12" air horns!

craigslist is your friend in situations like this. i found 2 12 type r's new in a custom built to spec ported box with a mrp-1000 last summer for 300..

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

craigslist is your friend in situations like this. i found 2 12 type r's new in a custom built to spec ported box with a mrp-1000 last summer for 300..

or you can just buy from someone on the forum that has good refs... more likely not to buy stolen or blown items that way.

BluX

2001 Ford Explorer Sport

• Mach 5 MJ-18 (4 Ohm)
  • Alpine MRP-M1000
  • Alpine 9813

got a budget?

yeah, cheap ha ha. i mean id like it to be uniform as far as the speakers go. id like new speakers, i dunno why i just do. as far as subs, ive got no idea. im more of a mechanical person, not technical so i came really close to buying a sub that was called "square sub" and nothing else out of a parts catalog ha ha. thats when i realized ive got no idea what im looking for. and to put in perspective, i make like nothing so this is a wish list. id prefer it be a cheap wish list though so i can get the stuff faster. as far as a sub or two and an amp i just need to know specs. craigs has tons of options around here. im in nw indiana, about an hr from chicago.

6000k headlights, LED license plate fog lights, tinted taillights and to top it all off, 2 12" air horns!

Well, I would look for a reputable sub and amp that has warranties, but that's just me.

The Mach5 IXL can be had for $199 but you need an amp that can do about 800 watts at 4 ohms, so add at least another $200, plus a minimum of $50 for wiring and such... and wood for a box, so about $50 more bucks and that's only minimum.

BluX

2001 Ford Explorer Sport

• Mach 5 MJ-18 (4 Ohm)
  • Alpine MRP-M1000
  • Alpine 9813

go to onlinecarstereo.com and look up for pioneer equipment. great speakers and cheap subs. perfect for someone on a budget, and what was already said craigslist is YOUR friend. seriously. you can find good stuff for really cheap. just make sure you properly test out ALL equipment

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

go to onlinecarstereo.com and look up for pioneer equipment. great speakers and cheap subs. perfect for someone on a budget, and what was already said craigslist is YOUR friend. seriously. you can find good stuff for really cheap. just make sure you properly test out ALL equipment

ditto, and make sure the serial numbers haven't been scraped off or anything lol.

BluX

2001 Ford Explorer Sport

• Mach 5 MJ-18 (4 Ohm)
  • Alpine MRP-M1000
  • Alpine 9813

got a budget?

yeah, cheap ha ha. i mean id like it to be uniform as far as the speakers go. id like new speakers, i dunno why i just do. as far as subs, ive got no idea. im more of a mechanical person, not technical so i came really close to buying a sub that was called "square sub" and nothing else out of a parts catalog ha ha. thats when i realized ive got no idea what im looking for. and to put in perspective, i make like nothing so this is a wish list. id prefer it be a cheap wish list though so i can get the stuff faster. as far as a sub or two and an amp i just need to know specs. craigs has tons of options around here. im in nw indiana, about an hr from chicago.

i just took a quick browse through CL in your area and there are heaps of shit for cheap you can get.

ditto, and make sure the serial numbers haven't been scraped off or anything lol.

lol. hey, it works perfectly for VINs, lol