DC Sound Lab

x2 on the bolts, other wise 10 gauge would work just fine.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

No one mentioned cat5 in this thread, although it works. Also, this does answer your question, your original question atleast because it wasn't specific.

was just saying that you could use cat5, 5/0, hell you could use rca's if you tried hard enough. Instead of saying 5/0 to wire coils together, which is a little off the deep end, you could have had some courtesy and said "to wire with just bare wire use 10AWG, or to wire with bolts use whatever you want." after all we are here to help each other and represent DC audio in a positive manner. :drinks:

DCSig.jpg

secondskin_468x60.gif

xs.jpg

Viper 5902, big 3, 1/0 Rockford wiring, 2 xs d3100, mechman 300a, pioneer avic-z1, 2 dc 12xls, Rockford t2500.1bdcp, Rockford t1000.4ad, Rockford t2 6.5 comps, damplifier

Build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102584-carbon-fusion/

was just saying that you could use cat5, 5/0, hell you could use rca's if you tried hard enough. Instead of saying 5/0 to wire coils together, which is a little off the deep end, you could have had some courtesy and said "to wire with just bare wire use 10AWG, or to wire with bolts use whatever you want." after all we are here to help each other and represent DC audio in a positive manner. :drinks:

Sorry, I just reread my first post and I see how it could have been interpreted differently. I didn't mean to be rude, I was just using 5/0 as an example

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

no worries bro, Did I read somewhere that you were in S. Florida, if so where at.? I am in West Palm. Nice car too.

Edited by tdc3187

DCSig.jpg

secondskin_468x60.gif

xs.jpg

Viper 5902, big 3, 1/0 Rockford wiring, 2 xs d3100, mechman 300a, pioneer avic-z1, 2 dc 12xls, Rockford t2500.1bdcp, Rockford t1000.4ad, Rockford t2 6.5 comps, damplifier

Build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102584-carbon-fusion/

no worries bro, Did I read somewhere that you were in S. Florida, if so where at.? I am in West Palm. Nice car too.

No, I live in NY. That car is my Uncles.. It's fast as f***! I'll let him know what u think about it, thanks though. I'm only 15 so I'm not driving yet.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

No, I live in NY. That car is my Uncles.. It's fast as f***! I'll let him know what u think about it, thanks though. I'm only 15 so I'm not driving yet.

i have level 5s and what i do is run a pair of wires to each coil that way i can use the max amount to each push terminal. i then run them out through the port opening. i mark each wire with numbers so i can do whatever ohms i want at the amp. as for the exact wire size there are so many companies selling wire that is called 8 or 10 guage that i could not tell you a size that would be the max. the best way to get the max is to run four wires to each sub

mobile chornobyl