Second Skin Audio

Need a double check on my port

I need a double check on this. I used torres calc, and my box is 16" high, 25" deep, and 31" wide. Everything is .75 inch mdf.

I grooved the outsides of the box so that there would be better gripping and strength for the sides and box overall.

Here's what I'm talking about, notice the edges.

http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hs491.snc3/26831_113495525347616_100000615075615_132677_4770795_n.jpg

So, using torres calc, I came with a port of 4 inches wide, and 22 inches across. This'll put me at 58 inches squared port area and the range is 55-73 sq inches. The length seems awful long in the box, it leaves me with around 3-4 inches of gap for the subs waves to travel through... Is this right? If its not could someone help me with the port? It's not to late to redo it. Nothings been glued inside the box yet. I can always recut and and redo. I have 2 extra sheets of mdf.. The major problem im running into is I want it tuned to 32 htz, but if I do that doesn't put me in the reccommended port range.. <_<

Here's the torres I got.

ezkc4g.png

Edited by Alex K

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Anyone :o

heres a pic for anyone.

o94p06.png

Edited by Alex K

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Wow come on someone has to know. I would like to know the answer before tonight please...

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

For a Fi 15 full loaded?? I thought anywhere in the 30-35 range would be great

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

not sure bro. but i think 30-35hz is perfect for a 15, people just have different tastes. lol free bump for you :pardon:

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Here's the thing, lol I cant! Any bigger width and it gets tuned too high and I run out of room. Any smaller and thers not enough port area.. I think this is the best bet..

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

What you have drawn there looks way off. . .

1. a 3.5" opening inside the box is not correct if the outside opening is 4".

2. the program says you need a 22" port, you have drawn a 40+ in port.

3. from your commenst, you are mixing up port length and port area. . .

For the 31 x 25 x 16 dimensions you posted, you need to just get rid of the back port wall and make a port from the single 20.25" dimension (into the box so it is 4" from the back wall).

I would also double the baffle making it 1.5" thick.

The result is 4.5 cuft tuned to 32 Hz.

Brian

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.