12 members have voted

1. 1. Should I smoke my headlights to match the fog bar and corner lights?

• Yes, it'll look bitchin'!
    • No, you're a moron!

I just did a light smoke on my fog bar and corner lights (and blinkers and reflectors and new tails...etc etc.) I did NOT smoke my headlights. BUT! Upon looking at it I was wondering what it would look like with smoked headlights. So what do you guys think? Should I or shouldn't I?

100_1282.jpg

100_1283.jpg

100_1286.jpg

EDIT: I should mention that I do have HID's for my low beams. If you want I have pictures with my running lights on (3157's and 194's, along with the fogs at half voltage) with the tint. They shine through no problems.

Edited by ktownsdriftking

Too many projects, too little time...

I vote no because it takes more than VHT niteshades to make smoked headlights look good (imho)

They get that blueish tint to them and look weird, I have the corner lights on my Crown Vic done, but they are BLACK! like 5 coats of VHT, which of course is way too much for headlights.

2003 Ford Crown Victoria P71

2 12" Kicker CVX's

Audiopipe AP15001d

Stinger SR80 Isolator with DieHard 1200CCA battery

Streetwires 0awg

Secondary - 1998 Ford Expedition XLT

x2 ^ on the bluetint, but its really your opinion man. if you think it will look good go for it. everything done to my car is in my taste i don't care mcu for others.

stick E steve

'05 Malibu

(1) 1600 Ss

(6) TSS 6.5

(6) TSW Tweeter

(2) BXi 2010D's

(6) SPLX-12's

BX-15

Streetwires 0/1

H/U- Soundstream Touch

Iraggi 320A

do NOT do it

coming from the guy that has smoked just about everything on his car I suggest you do not smoke your headlights

especially because there is a touch of red in VHT which is why light shines through better than just normal paint so when you mix the red with your headlights you get a pink light

no bueno!

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

do NOT do it

coming from the guy that has smoked just about everything on his car I suggest you do not smoke your headlights

especially because there is a touch of red in VHT which is why light shines through better than just normal paint so when you mix the red with your headlights you get a pink light

no bueno!

Good point. Hadn't thought of it that way, guess 'cause I've been semi-lucky with the stuff thus far.

Now a new question: Should I do the fog bar a little darker? Up close it's really splotchy and not nice looking. Besides, I think it's not as dark as the corners.

Too many projects, too little time...

Good point. Hadn't thought of it that way, guess 'cause I've been semi-lucky with the stuff thus far.

Now a new question: Should I do the fog bar a little darker? Up close it's really splotchy and not nice looking. Besides, I think it's not as dark as the corners.

if its splotchy i'd work on it some more; yes.

and i vote no; just cause i think it'd turn out lookin like crap for reasons previously stated

Edited by pthrift

Clicky for build log....

2002 Tahoe

DC Power Inc 3 alt bracket with 2x230a. alts 1 stock

Eclipse CD5030

2 JL HD 600/4

4 Rockford Fosgate 2500bdcp's

4 DC Audio 18" XL's

4 Pr MB Quart Premium Components

200FT Stinger HPM 1/0

Rockford 360.2

No where near enough sound deadening

If you use vht nightshade on your headlights expect your vision to be pink

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

I would definetely say a no go for smoked headlights in a white car, in the other hand if the car was a dark color like black or grey i would give it a shot to see how they come out to look like it aint gonna hurt nothing by trying.

I would definetely say a no go for smoked headlights in a white car, in the other hand if the car was a dark color like black or grey i would give it a shot to see how they come out to look like it aint gonna hurt nothing by trying.

Are you serous? Black on white is the nice!!! I would do it but I would get it done at a tint shop and do like 13-20% so you can see the road if you don't have hids

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.