Sonic Electronix

Well just know that if you upgrade to an amplifier that is just a couple hundred watts more than your old one, you will not hear a big difference in sound. You have to have an amp that does more than that to make a difference. Say your amp does 1500 watts, you need at least a 2500 rms amp to make it worth while to upgrade.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

but see the boss amp gets to hot and i can hear it not powering to its full potential so i figure if i can get a much better amp then i will have no problem at all. Also I am getting rid of the second sub and dual box so i can just have the one since it is already hurts everyones ears that get in my car. but if anyone knows anyone with a saz-3000d or another 3000 watt amp that will push about 1600 or more wired to 2 ohm then letting me know would be greatly appreciated.

1999 Honda Civic DX Coupe

Head Unit: Panasonic CQ8100U (Temporary)

Front: 6.5" Kenwood KFC-1662S

Rear: 6"x9" Kenwood KFC-6989ie

Sub: Undecided

Amp: Undecided

Big 3 Upgrade (4 gauge)

Marine Battery routed to the trunk

Stock Alternator for now

what about audioque AQ3500D.1 that will push 2600 watt at 2 ohm stable. that sounds like my best bet to give this sub its full potential. what do you guys think.

Big 3 Upgrade (4 gauge)

Stock Alternator for now

You paying $750 and running dual 0 gauge wire back and upgrading your entire electrical system?

well i have already rerouted battery to the trunk and am already using 0 guage with a 300 amp fuse. no to mention i already have an extra 20 ft of 0 gauge which is no problem to run one more as well as upgrade the big 3 and i already have another 300 amp fuse and fuse holder sitting around. so lets just say i'm prepared :)

Big 3 Upgrade (4 gauge)

Stock Alternator for now

i want the most bang for my buck and in research this amp has looked to be the best.

Big 3 Upgrade (4 gauge)

Stock Alternator for now

Just to help your searching. You could look for a 2 channel amp that does about 800x2 @4 ohm and wire each channel to a voice coil in mono mode.

how many watts rms would that push to the sub? like i said i want somewhere between 1600 to 2000

Big 3 Upgrade (4 gauge)

Stock Alternator for now

ok this sounds all kinds of dumb to me... it says 2200w max so you want to run 2000w+. max on these brands usually means thats how much they can take until they fail. some people can run a lot more power than rms to a sub but these people KNOW what they are doing and how to build a box to make the sub handle it. you said you have a dual box, prefab? not going to take 2k.

how did you test you boss amp? you hooked up another amp and it sounded the same so it must do X power? no TL so see if it was any louder? no clamp meter? not even a dmm? doesnt sound like you tested shit.

you can "hear" the amp not giving as much power... maybe what you are hearing is voltage drop? ever test that? maybe your already dropping to 10v, "so lets throw a bigger amp in!" to get 2000+ watts you NEED electrical upgrades, what have you done?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

ok this sounds all kinds of dumb to me... it says 2200w max so you want to run 2000w+. max on these brands usually means thats how much they can take until they fail. some people can run a lot more power than rms to a sub but these people KNOW what they are doing and how to build a box to make the sub handle it. you said you have a dual box, prefab? not going to take 2k.

how did you test you boss amp? you hooked up another amp and it sounded the same so it must do X power? no TL so see if it was any louder? no clamp meter? not even a dmm? doesnt sound like you tested shit.

you can "hear" the amp not giving as much power... maybe what you are hearing is voltage drop? ever test that? maybe your already dropping to 10v, "so lets throw a bigger amp in!" to get 2000+ watts you NEED electrical upgrades, what have you done?

upgraded battery, high powered alt on its way and in process of doing the big 3.

Big 3 Upgrade (4 gauge)

Stock Alternator for now