Sonic Electronix

My uncle wants me to do a lil SQ system for his 77 vette. He told me he wants it to be in the $600 range but, if I had to, I could get probably up to $800. I know people like to do this, so let the suggestions come.... I believe there are 5x7 in doors. I would like a deck, amp, 1x ten or eight inch sub, maybe some tweets for a lil rear fill in. He is in his 50s nothing to extreme. lol as if you could for that lil bit of money.

Also, my lil brother is looking for some components 6.5" in the $150 range. Thanks

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

My uncle wants me to do a lil SQ system for his 77 vette. He told me he wants it to be in the $600 range but, if I had to, I could get probably up to $800. I know people like to do this, so let the suggestions come.... I believe there are 5x7 in doors. I would like a deck, amp, 1x ten or eight inch sub, maybe some tweets for a lil rear fill in. He is in his 50s nothing to extreme. lol as if you could for that lil bit of money.

Also, my lil brother is looking for some components 6.5" in the $150 range. Thanks

Not sure about speakers or a deck but for the amp take a look at the Polk Audio 1100.5 . It's the amp I have and it is a great 5 channel amp. It's basically half the system all you need to supply is a deck and speakers. Here is a link. Keep in mind you can find this amp for around $400 online (sometimes cheaper if it's on sale). Built in x-over, subsonic filter for the sub and has some decent specs for a 5 channel amp. 125 watts x 4 (2 ohm) and 600 x 1 (1 ohm) continuous power; 250 x 4 (2 ohm) and 1200 x 1 (1 ohm) dynamic power. CEA-2006 Compliant specifications for true, accurate power ratings.

OK. I'm bored so I started clicking and found these. I didn't look to close at the specs. Just trying to keep you under budget. I have a friend with two of the subs I linked to. They sound pretty good considering the price and they have nice Xmax for some 8's.

Deck

amp

Speakers

rear fill

Maybe two of these so you can wire them to 2 ohms.

Sub

Archived