Second Skin Audio

"98 GMC Sierra Enclosure

I just recently installed two twelves in a side ported enclosure in my truck and i am trying to determine he best route for designing my new enclosure. I basically just want to get the most out of the equipment i already have since this is just a work truck/temp daily driver. I have two Kenwood KFC-W3012 subs and one Kenwood KAC-9104D amp. I'm willing to go all the way across and up to the windshield line. Basically i'm looking on opinions of whether to go sealed or ported and what tuning frequency should i use?091.jpg088.jpg

Edited by BCarter

Eye Kandy Kustomz

2414 E. Napoleon St.

Sulphur, LA 70663

(337)313-3121

[email protected]

Eye Kandy Kustomz Page

My Page

Port up works well so does port forward :drinks:

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

Port up works well so does port forward :drinks:

i currently have slot port forward(its on the far left and the subs are on the far right), but i know the current box is restricting some of the output.

Edited by BCarter

Eye Kandy Kustomz

2414 E. Napoleon St.

Sulphur, LA 70663

(337)313-3121

[email protected]

Eye Kandy Kustomz Page

My Page

I have decided on the new dimensions of the new enclosure(60"w/17"H/7"TD/11"BD)still need help on what frequency to tune the port for in a single cab truck for good spl without losing alot of sq. All help is welcome!

Eye Kandy Kustomz

2414 E. Napoleon St.

Sulphur, LA 70663

(337)313-3121

[email protected]

Eye Kandy Kustomz Page

My Page

Ive done a few transmission line truck boxes, and they sound bad ass

with 1-12 its possible to get a good solid 38-40hz tuning in a tline, with room to spare on the width

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I have decided on the new dimensions of the new enclosure(60"w/17"H/7"TD/11"BD)still need help on what frequency to tune the port for in a single cab truck for good spl without losing alot of sq. All help is welcome!

9/10ths of which frequency you will tune the box at is based on the size of the box, just an fyi but you can't tune anything to something. Between 30-40hz will offer you a mild sq, 40-50 low sq, and anything higher is spl based although a "Normal" person would be hard pressed to tell the difference as they would more likely than not consider anything below 120hz to be deep "Bass". Tuning freq depends on what's possible with the amount of space you've got in that box...nothing more, nothing less. Find that range out and you're golden. Good luck.

Edited by Villian88

------------167.42db @ 38hz--------------

16 Zenex HFI 12s

8 Hifonics Collusus OCA 16v

4 Powerlass 400a SW ignition HOs

Dinomat City!

what do you think of those subs? i have a pair of them too

99% of how any sub sounds is based soley on the box. Simply put, you'll be fine with those 2 subs. Get a great box built, and they'll rock louder and harder than 99% of the people that you'll run into on the street.

------------167.42db @ 38hz--------------

16 Zenex HFI 12s

8 Hifonics Collusus OCA 16v

4 Powerlass 400a SW ignition HOs

Dinomat City!

thanks for the info. i have done t-lines in suv's and in trunk's but i have never done one in a single cab truck. the internal volume is 3.99cuft without bracing/displacement/port volume. i guess 40hz is going to be my goal; my current setup is at 33hz but was built for different subs.

Eye Kandy Kustomz

2414 E. Napoleon St.

Sulphur, LA 70663

(337)313-3121

[email protected]

Eye Kandy Kustomz Page

My Page

what do you think of those subs? i have a pair of them too

i have put two in a galant in a sealed box i'll find the vid and post a link to it; which is how i know i'm not getting the output thery are capable of.

Eye Kandy Kustomz

2414 E. Napoleon St.

Sulphur, LA 70663

(337)313-3121

[email protected]

Eye Kandy Kustomz Page

My Page