Second Skin Audio

is it possible to fix the basket?

ok, i just got my soundstream XXX 18 in today. i ordered it off of caco. i pull this massive thing out of the box and i realize the F***in basket is broken near the surround in 2 different places. and the box it came in is also smashed right where its broken, it had insurance on it so thats a good thing. my ? is does anyone know if that basket can be fixed. i can get pics up later today and im gonna get ahold of soundstream and see what they say but i just wondered if its reparable or if its junk. any advice is needed. thanks guys

currently just running a JL 12W7 and RF BD 1001

soon to come

soundstream XXX 18

Memphis mojo MCD4KW

Big azz box in tha backseat

working out other details

soundstream.jpg

logo_mca.gif

im gonna get pics up later, i would have them but it was really dark and couldnt get a good shot. i know right now soundstream is outta recones cuz i asked them earlier this week and that sux but ill post pics and see what you guys recommend.

soon to come

soundstream XXX 18

Memphis mojo MCD4KW

soundstream.jpg

logo_mca.gif

ok, thats good to know. its steel. that thing is a beast. now that i know i can weld it thats a lot better, i used to work in a welding shop.ill just have to find someone with a recone kit.

soon to come

soundstream XXX 18

Memphis mojo MCD4KW

soundstream.jpg

logo_mca.gif

insurance should pay for that recone and a little extra.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

yeah it was insured for $600. im just hoping i can find a recone kit cause i got a hold of soundstream and they were all out. guess i need to check caco and caraudio.com unless someone on here has one.

soon to come

soundstream XXX 18

Memphis mojo MCD4KW

soundstream.jpg

logo_mca.gif

if its steel then weld it with the soft parts still in place. Use tape or a damp cloth to protect the parts and cool the weld asap.. if you dont burn the surround you can call it good.

if its aluminum then you'll need a recone after welding the basket.

Couple of guys here that have recones if you click that thing with the letters that make it look similar to "search".

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Not even joking, I have a SS XXX 18 recone kit at the shop, pulled it outta storage the other day, PM me and we can figure it out.

2004 Yellow F150 STX 4x4 Single Cab

2 Yellow DC Power 270SP's Alts

4(and counting) XS Power 6500's

4 DD3515s Supercharged

53cu.ft 4th order blowthrough

8 DD M1b's

6 Selenium 8's

2 Selenium ST350s

154.1 @ 41hz Legal Burp

Build Log

ok how the heck do you post pics. i got them i just dont know how to download them. it says to enter the url and i dont have one

soon to come

soundstream XXX 18

Memphis mojo MCD4KW

soundstream.jpg

logo_mca.gif