Second Skin Audio

Btl15 V.s. Btl18

I know someone is gonna say of course the 18 is louder and deeper given the same power and tuning freq, but what if the space for the 18 was limited. BTL15 in a 4.5ft3 with 70sq" of port tuned to 31Hz V.S. a BTL18 in a 5.65ft3 with 100sq" of port tuned to 31Hz....both given 2500rms, which would be better? Basically is a bigger box for a 15 better than a smaller box for a 18. Giving up cone area with the 15 but gaining a bigger box while giving up a enclosure size that the 18 can move in but at the same time gaining cone area.

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

thats actually a pretty good question as I have a Btl 15" and want an 18 however I don't think anyone will ever know unless he/she tries it out....IMO

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

I think a 15 in the proper enclosure will outperform an 18 working in an enclosure thats too small.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Actually 5.65ft /100sq" of port isnt "too small" for a 18, but it is small. I understand what ur saying though. I was just curious to know because I thought the 18 would give better results given the same power and tuning freq due to the increased cone area.

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

Archived